Argon One Active Cooling and Active Linear Cooling Addon

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc…exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms…exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes…
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts…
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
/run.sh: line 7: mkfloat: command not found
[cmd] /run.sh exited 127
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts…
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.

I am also unable to run this, How do I check I enabled i2c properly? I put ssd into computer and followed instructions but don’t know where to look for…

The I2C devices should now be present under /dev.

1 Like

@Tim_Knowlden
I did some refactoring and caused an error. Everything is operational and this will not happen again.

1 Like

Okay no worries, will attempt reinstall now and see if it works for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes it is working now for me, thank you.

Do you know how I can see the state of the fan as an entity so I can add it to my pi info entities?

1 Like

There is no way to pull that information from the i2c bus, as far as I know. The best I could do is report it. Reporting can be done from Terminal/bash without any dependencies as follows

sensorid=input_number.fan_speed
name="Fan Speed"
state=3
unit="%"

reqBody='{"state": "'${state}'", "attributes": {"unit_of_measurement": "%","mode":"slider", "min":"0", "max":"100", "step":"1", "icon": "mdi:clock-start", "friendly_name": "'${name}'"}}'
nc -i 1 hassio 80 <<<unix2dos<<EOF
POST /homeassistant/api/states/$sensorid HTTP/1.1
Authorization: Bearer ${SUPERVISOR_TOKEN}
Content-Length: $( busybox echo -n ${reqBody} | wc -c )

${reqBody}
EOF

This produces the following in Lovelace:

As you can see, the UI complains because the ID is not properly registered with HA. From reading on the forums, I can see that it requires python to properly register a sensor. I think that python may be outside the scope of this addon.

If you can figure out how to properly register a sensor via API without reboot, then I’d be willing to make the change. If this meets your needs, then I’d be willing to make the change as well.

Many thanks for this great add on. It would be great if there is a sensor in HA. If you can, yes please :slight_smile:

Tip:
At the I2C configurator page there is the step to reboot you’re Home Assistant. I did twice but didn’t work, I realised the HOST must shut down twice. Makes sense because of the modification in the file system. Just a tip for small update on this page to mention this.

Again, thanks for this great add on. My HA is running smoothly in the Argon one M2 with a SSD :slight_smile:

I set the default temperatues to the same stock defaults from the manual

I feel these are kinda high, so I recommend using my suggested values, in the first post, instead. However, they are default.

1 Like

This looks handy - will it work on a supervised installation on Debian?

If you’re running a Raspberry Pi with add-on capabilities, it will work. If it doesn’t work, then we can make it work.

Super - I used raspi-config to switch on I2C then tried installing the add-on but got the same error message reported by schumi1337 above

The command '/bin/ash -o pipefail -c apk add i2c-tools --no-cache' returned a non-zero code: 1

Kind thoughts,

Andrew

Looks like debian used debian-based containers instead of alpine Linux which was expected. I guess I need to support both. I don’t have a debian-based Home Assistant, but I think I know how to handle it. Try upgrading to v0.12a

Installed ok.

Error on startup in log:

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] done.
Current Temperature 53 °C
Level 1 - Fan 0% (OFF)
/run.sh: line 83: i2cset: command not found

I should add that i2cset is available from the pi command line.

Bother - I have misled you. I am not running Debian (that is my main HA installation) I am running Raspberry Pi OS (aka Raspbian.)

ok. Try 0.12b.

Sorry about misleading you on the OS version. Brain failure.

I’ve installed 0.12b (and rebooted) and get the same error in the log.

My log is

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] done.
Current Temperature 52 °C
Quiet Level 2 - Fan 1% (Low)
/run.sh: line 92: i2cset: command not found
Current Temperature 50 °C
Level 1 - Fan 0% (OFF)
Current Temperature 51 °C
Level 1 - Fan 0% (OFF)
Current Temperature 51 °C
Level 1 - Fan 0% (OFF)

My config is

CorF: C
LowRange: 50
MediumRange: 60
HighRange: 70
QuietProfile: true

Looks like I need to recreate your setup. I have a machine available for that. Can you point me to a guide so I can save some time? I prefer Debian-based distros to Alpine, and I like this challenge.

It’s very kind of you to go to so much trouble.

This install was done by following the (now deprecated) community guide at Installing Home Assistant Supervised on Raspberry Pi OS

Kind thoughts,

Andrew

Hi!

Would it be possible to have a sensor for the fan speed?

1 Like

I changed my Pi installation from an external USB SSD to an internal M.2 SSD inside the Argon One case (only attached the new bottom). I installed a new HassOS 5.10 and restored a snapshot.
Then I installed your I2C Addon, booted two times and everything is working fine!
Then I installed you Fan Addon and it also worked without any problem.

Now I only have to get full control to the power button (short press: shutdown, double press: reboot).

Great work! Thank you very much!

There is no built-in support for short press. However, a GPIO goes high when you double-tap and that is enough to trigger an action, mentioned above. Supposedly there is some difference when you press for 3seconds or more and a hard power off at 5 seconds.

Maybe you can figure out the 3-second GPIO thing.

1 Like