Argon One Active Cooling and Active Linear Cooling Addon

Currently I assume they are all release candidate

1 Like

So I’m running into an issue installing that I’ve not seen before and it’s not mentioned in this thread, unless I’m blind… which may be the case… But, I get this error when attempting to install on a RPi4 with i2c enabled.

## Failed to install addon
The command ‘/bin/ash -o pipefail -c apk add i2c-tools’ returned a non-zero code: 1

Maybe try again later. I don’t know why the i2c package is missing. This is an official HassOS on a RPI right?

Correct, fresh reload 5.10 with up-to-date Supervisor… I’ll try again tomorrow if I get a chance to mess around with it. I would like to get it working but I’m not overly concerned if I cannot as the fan is on and working… but it would be nice to have some control :slight_smile:

I pushed an update which may fix it. The environment should be apk updated first. It’s possible the server location changed or packages within the location changed. Please update.

No luck, this time it ended with a different exit code though…

I can go get a full image of the console later once kids are napping…

I found something in the docs about no-cache. So I pushed v0.9 which handles that and I added v0.10 which upgrades the security to a solid 6 instead of 6 once installed.

Please try again.

I wanted to update your plugin to v0.10 today. Unfortunately, that does not work. I get the following error messages:

2021-01-18_20-01-11

1 Like

Can you try again? Do you have any active firewalls going? just upgraded from 0.9 to 0.10 and then uninstalled and reinstalled. I’m not able to reproduce.

The lines indicated as failing here are directly from the Home Assistant tutorial. I don’t think they could be a problem.

I’m continuing to review and see if I can find anything wrong in the metadata, but it appears that the two lines executed are just boilerplate and so is the one after.

This was fixed with a --no-cache in 0.10.

I have restored a backup of HA and updated to v0.10 from there. Now it has worked. Thanks for your effort.

1 Like

is there a way to get the current temp on the dashboard?

Would you like that integrated, or does a separate plugin work? I’ve been thinking about integrating this, with a boolean configuration option. https://github.com/adamoutler/HassOSRPITempSensor

You can use this in your configuration.yaml:

#====================
  #=== CPU Temperature
  #====================
  - platform: command_line
    name: CPU Temperatur
    command: "cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp"
    unit_of_measurement: "°C"
    value_template: "{{ value | multiply(0.001) | round(0) }}"

and this in your ui-lovelace.yaml:

- type: history-graph
        hours_to_show: 120
        entities:
          - entity: sensor.cpu_temperatur
            name: Home Assistant
1 Like

You should rework that command to use read;echo instead of cat. The read and echo commands are bash built-ins. cat is an application. Please see the difference in this picture. The time difference also represents wear/tear/processing/power. image
I recommend the addon. It can be added and removed without restart, and there’s no configuration except C or F.

It doesn’t really matter. Just curious what the temp is. My fan seem to always be running.

You can see that in the logs.

EDIT: Nevermind, I seem to have skipped an install step. All better now. Thanks!

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
Current Temperature 98 °F
Quiet Level 2 - Fan 1% (Low)
1 Like

I wanted to update your plugin to v0.10 today. Unfortunately, that does not work.
Unfortunately it did not work and a new installation does not work either. I get the following error messages:Argon 1