Argon One Active Cooling and Active Linear Cooling Addon

I thought I did but it was the protected mode in the HassOS i2C Configurator add-on that had to be disabled. Did that and 2 full hardware reboots and now it’s working just fine.

LoveYou, man… LoL. I was getting sick of this addon looking for i2c-255 instead of i2c-1.

Hello every body,

I don’t know if you will answer me, but i try to do this

apk add i2c-tools
i2cset -y 1 0x01a 0xfe

I read the information, but my kwowledge are very poor.

And now, the RPi Power status is vero often with: “problem”

Other point on me Terminal I have this:

Any idea where I need to start ?

Thanks a lot in advance

You’d type it right there but make sure you have protection mode off. You could do it directly within another container as well if you don’t have access. You’d need the container name. docker container ls.

Thanks for you answer. I didn’t understand immediatly why the protection mode not appared. So I found the proble, I didn’t use the community terminal addon. So it is ok, and disable Protection Mode. I restart.
And I do that (I am based my recherche on you advise of Mars 21).

Now I have that:

Any idea ? Thanks a lot again !

You have a typo in your “~docker” command-line: …i2C-topols…

Thanks. Sorry for the mistake :roll_eyes: . But no change

Error: No such container bash

I have added the Argon One Active Cooling addon but I cannot find the config pages anywhere. Please see screenshot.

Also, the web page for the add-on mentions something called ‘Enable I2C’ but I have no idea if this is related to Argon One Active cooling and if it is required. It does not say.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE; I found the config page. Question; what is the ‘Enable I2C’ for? Is that related to the Argon One Active cooling at all?

I don’t know if this was asked already, but is the power button functionality affected by this script? In the original script it you can long press the power button to force shutdown, double press to reboot etc.

Is this also available here?

Same as all other add-ons. Along the boarder just outside the screenshot.

No. This is just for active cooling. The button functionality was not available on V1 so it’s not supported here.

1 Like

Thanks for your response, I did find the config page (silly me).

However, I see this in the log file:

[cont-init.d] 00-banner.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 01-log-level.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] 01-log-level.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
**[u]Detecting Layout of i2c, we expect to see "1a" here.[/u]**
**[u]ls: /dev/i2c-*: No such file or directory[/u]**
**[u]Cannot find I2C port.  You must enable I2C for this add-on to operate properly[/u]**
[cmd] /run.sh exited 1
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] 99-message.sh: executing... 

Does this mean that I need that I2C thing after all?

Sure you need it! Look at the documentation and in this thread. You will find what you have to do!

Right. I have installed the HassOS I2C Configurator and re-booted twice as per instructions (by pulling the plug). Actually, probably more like 5 or 6 times and I still get this in the log:

I don't see I2C.
mount: permission denied (are you root?)
Detected Protection Mode is enabled. Disable Protection Mode in Info Screen.
no sda1 config found
no sdb1 available
mount: permission denied (are you root?)
Detected Protection Mode is enabled. Disable Protection Mode in Info Screen.
no mmcblk0p1 config found
This Configurator did it's job. Perform a hard-power-off reboot now.
You will need to reboot twice total, once to place the files, and again to activate the I2C.

It talks about ‘Disable Protection Mode in Info Screen’ but there is no such option there. I have searched elsewhere how to Disable Protection Mode and it mentions doing this in the SSH add-on but there is no option to do it there either.
What am I missing? Very frustrating.

Thanks in advance.

Only read the messages. :slight_smile:

You have switched on the protection mode of the I2C Add-On!
This has to be disabled!
Here is a screenshot of another Add-On where you can see this (the I2C Add-On can be deleted when it has its job done):

Thanks for replying.
I did read that but my screen does not have that option. Am I looking in the wrong place?

1 Like

I wrote that this is another Add-On where this option can be found. :slight_smile:
I alos wrote that I don’t have the I2C Add-On installed as I don’t need it any more!

You should switch that off inside the I2C-Add-On! That is the Add-On where you have the problems!

Also you have the “Terminal & SSH”-Add-On and not the “SSH & Web Terminal”-Add-On. That is a difference!

Wrong terminal app.

Take this to the proper addon thread.

You may need to enable Advanced mode. 0.96: Notion, updated sidebar, advanced mode - Home Assistant