Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

Please send me Ariela logs so i can check it out. Thank you.

Hello all,
Version 1.3.5.9 is out.

What’s new:

• NEW: Speech recognizer MQTT / Mobile_app sensor
  • NEW: Home Assistant error log retrieval screen
  • NEW: added settings quick access button when using web UI
  • NEW: added setting option to disable / enable quick settings button
  • fixed startup issue when device screen is off
  • fixed issue when mobile_app registration does not happens
  • fixed crash when setting up mqtt
  • fixed issue when connecting for lower Android versions
  • updated Google libraries

Have that enabled already, but no notification.

Yes have that enabled as well, but it still is put to sleep without the permanent notification I belive. And I cant get the permanent notification to show.

Did you also enabled background processing?

Well it’s not an issue, but a lack in documentation on your website, there’s only info with mqtt trigger and mobile app example is missing. I tried to do it by myself but I failed miserably. Can you help me with some hint in how to do it?

Let me see what i can do about this.

Hello @Jokerigno

Here you can check the updated documentation for find my car automation.
http://ariela.surodev.com/2019/03/12/find-my-car/

2 Likes

Is anyone experiencing issues with the Web UI?

There’s custom cards not supported by the native lovelace so my only option is to use Web UI in Ariela.

Sometimes when I scroll down I cannot scroll back up, if I try to scroll back up it will just activate the refresh UI action. It’s like if there was nothing to scroll up, that’s how the Web UI behaves.

Disabling the refresh UI by scrolling up won’t fix the issue, as a matter of fact makes it harder to fix it, since usually after a few seconds and a page refresh this behavior goes away.

Also some cards like the thermostat lovelace card will let me “decrease” the temperature slider but it won’t let me “increase” it.

This seems to happen when I leave the app open in the background and I open it back after a while but it is not connected or there have changes in the information showing in the lovelave view so it starts to refresh\reconnect. Not sure what’s going on in the background.

But basically I need to give the Web UI a few seconds and refresh it in order to fix such behavior.

I think this has been happening for quite a while, over a month, maybe 2.

This doesn’t happen with Chrome, I have created a web application shortcut and it behaves normal, the scrolling works. The only issue is that on Chrome whatever you do in the first seconds after the app has been idle for a while or if there have changes in the lovelace view (or it’s still reconnecting) none of the actions I do work until it refreshes (maybe 2-8 seconds or until I refresh manually). So whatever I do on those first seconds like turning on a light or increasing a slider doesn’t actually get triggered and it resets back to the original state after the page refreshes.

I guess this is expected and there might not be much we can do but I just wanted to report the issue that won’t let me scroll up which happens every now and then, which probably won’t help much since even if I manage to scroll up the actions won’t work until the page is refreshed(or until it reestablishes connection) .

Hi,

In Ariela -> Settings -> UI you should find a settings called swipe to refresh web ui. Disable that option and let me know if the problems persist. Thank you.

I’ve also had issue with whatever was done in the last release for the pull down refresh. It used to work OK for me in everything but the developer UI (the states page could never be scrolled up, it would just refresh the page).

Now trying to scroll back up just activates refresh and I’ve had to disable it. It doesn’t matter how slow I try to scroll back up, it just refreshes.

I have issues with connection configuration… It works for a few days and then the config is gone and I can’t connect. I have to redo the connection all over again. Why doesnt it save the info?

Please check my previous comment regarding disabling the swipe to refresh function disable and let me know if works ok now.

Hmm…that’s very strange, didn’t seen this until now. Did you cleared the cache by any chance, or did you removed the permanent token created by Ariela?

Thank you!

Request Chinese Version !
#From Google Translator

If you can think you can help you can use english translation file and translate to Chinese.
Here is the link with all translation files: https://github.com/MCrissDev/Ariela

After you translate, you can make a pull request or send the updated file over email.
Thank you.

@Ionut

is it possible to add screen control via the app? i have wall mounted android tablets and want to be able to turn screen on/off based on motion sensors (either motion on tablet camera sensor or external 3rd party sensor)

How about using it along with Fully Kiosk Browser & App, it can do exactly what you’re mentioning it. You can even control nearly everything with it with their API.

So you can use with HA, if anyone is at home and in an specific room (based on motion sensor) then turn on the screen, otherwise turn off.

1 Like

A proximity sensor its already available which can be use to wake up the screen in theory. Only problem is that Ariela do not have a way to turn on / off the screen for now. It can be possible, but only using MQTT, not via mobile_app api.

i have tried that but with mixed results, i havent been able to get he on/off to work consistently as i would like.

plus if i use fully kiosk then im not using Ariela and the features it has

1 Like