Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

Thank you for letting me know how i can reproduce. Let me see what i can do about this.

Hello,

Version 1.3.2.6 is out.
What’s new:

• allow changing icons in Firebase notifications
  • fixed MQTT crash when cleaning up resources
  • small UI changes
1 Like

Hi.
Is anybody having a problem with battery draining by Ariela?

Few months ago my battery last around 24 hours before needed recharging and now it lasts only up to 8 hours !!! Even at night when I don’t use my phone, Ariela still uses a lot of battery.
In Battery Stats my phone some times shows that Ariela uses 40-45 % of the battery when the next app uses 5% of the battery like GPS Logger.
Ariela in a month uses 6GB of data on my phone.

Now I’m wondering is the battery and data usage so high because my Home Assistant has grown big or is it a bug in Ariela?
Or maybe Ariela has grown too big for mobile devices?

I would be very happy if there was lite version of Ariela without the User Interface and it would only be used to integrate the phone with Home Assistant using MQTT with features like: sensors, device tracker and notifications.

At the moment I’m stopping using Ariela because I can’t charge my phone 3 times a day :frowning:

I also had this problem and disabled all the sensors. The battery problem has stopped.
I think Ariela Lite would not solve it, because the problem is exactly the sensors.

Thanks. I will use Ariela with only the Battery sensor to test if it helps

Same over here as reported earlier. Using the build in client or homeassistant client didn’t make a difference. One week and it has already used 800MB so in a month it’s gonna be roughly 3.2GB so both are about the same. Battery it drains about 10-15% so it’s not that bad.

I can see MQTT sending data for even microscopic changes of data on the sensor. I think restricting this to every few minutes or restricting the sensors with the biggest sensitivity might solve this issue. I’ll try to find out which sensors are the problematic ones.

Next version of Ariela will support mobile_app integration for notifications :smiley:

4 Likes

Hello all,

Version 1.3.2.7 is out.
What’s new:

• mobile_app integration
  • mobile_app notifications
  • fixed weather lovelace card crash

Mobile_api notifications documentation can be found here: http://ariela.surodev.com/2019/05/08/push-notifications-2/
Note: HANotify is still supported and will still be supported so you do not have to worry about your existing notifications.

2 Likes

Hello all,

Version 1.3.2.8 is out.
What’s new:

• NEW: multi HA server support
  • added mobile_api notification instruction
  • fixed weather card invalid display & crash
  • fixed gauge card display issue
  • updated Google libraries

Nice, a much better option for notifications…
IFTTT sometimes is woefully slow, HTML5 most of the time works but not all the time, I was starting to get upset with HTML5 notifications.

1 Like

I have multiple servers and wonder if it will ever be possible to have both servers logged in at the same time. Device tracking between servers etc would be awesome without messing with MQTT each end :wink:

For now it’s only possible to have just one active server in Ariela. I will add your suggestion to my TODO list and in the future this will be available.

Hello, new user of Home Assistant. Got a lot of stuff working, and wanted to start looking at notifications on my android, and came across Ariela.

I have notifications working, they will send to the application, but there’s no notification sound and it doesn’t turn on the screen or anything. I’ve been through the application, but haven’t found any settings that would allow me to set an audible alert when the notification comes through. Not sure if there’s something I’m missing, or if this is something only available in the Pro app, but wanted to ask here.

Thanks!

Hello,

Notifications in Ariela should hear / vibrate and also can turn on screen when received. You may want to check your settings from Phone Settings -> Apps -> Ariela -> Notifications -> Push Notifications (its possible you have things turned off here).
Regarding PRO version of Ariela, there is not functional difference between free and PRO so no need to worry about that. PRO is to give a thanks to me and support further development.

Please let me know if works.
LE: Welcome to Home Assistant and hope you will find it useful for your needs :smiley:

Thanks. Not sure why, but as soon as I rebooted my phone it started making proper notifications. Always forget to try that for some reason.

Will there be any possibility of customizing the message tone in the future?

Picked up the Pro version, thanks for the excellent work :slight_smile:

Is there a way to do the parked car thing you asked about?

Customize it in your Android settings

I’m able to customize the notification sound for all applications within Android settings, but I’m not able to set application-specific notification sounds within Android settings. I’m not sure if that’s possible with Samsung, or other popular phones, but with the Pixel XL it is not possible.

Let me see what i can do to improve the notifications, i believe that custom sounds can be implemented.

1 Like

Hello all,

Version 1.3.3.0 is out.
What’s new:

• update Russian localization
  • updated Google libraries
  • show time when notifications are received
  • reduced internet data consumption
1 Like