Arlo: replacement pyarlo module

Thanks! Much appreciated!

Is it still not possible to stream when running HA on Hassio? I saw that the ffmpeg component was updated the latest HA version. Does this help?

Unfortunately I hadn’t the logger enabled - I will try again and check out the logs - and let you know.
I was running the 2 servers together, yes, but my tests were on two different cameras, two different account, so I don’t think that’s the problem.

Hello,

great stuff! Finally, my Arlo is integrated as i ever expected it to be.
Thanks so much for your great work!

I also cannot stream the video, but i think its nit the fault of this component.

/ Ralf

Hi @sherrell Any success raising a bug about ffmpeg in Hassio?

Saw the stream component support, but am not able to get it working in my HA. I am using venv and have added the camera using picture-glance:

- type: picture-glance
        title: Kids Room
        camera_image: camera.aarlo_arlo3
        entities:
          - sensor.aarlo_battery_level_arlo3
          - sensor.aarlo_signal_strength_arlo3
          - binary_sensor.aarlo_sound_arlo3
          - binary_sensor.aarlo_motion_arlo3

Here’s how I have my cameras added:

camera:
  - platform: aarlo
    ffmpeg_arguments: '-pred 1 -q:v 2'

You should be able to use the “aarlo-glance card” now

camera: alfresco
image_click: play
name: Alfresco
show:
  - sound
  - battery_level
  - signal_strength
  - captured_today
  - snapshot
  - play
type: 'custom:aarlo-glance'

Hello,

Short question: how can i set the entity “alarm_control_panel.aarlo” to “armed” by an automatism. Like the following:

automation:
# switch arlo on when all are not home and the input_boolean to enable this is set to true (on)
- alias: 'Arlo on'
  trigger:
    platform: state
	entitity id: input_boolean.auto_enable_arlo
	to: 'on'
  condition:
    - condition: state
	  entitity_id: 'device_tracker.husbands_handy'
	  state: 'not_home'
	- condition: state
	  entitity_id: 'device_tracker.wifes_handy'
	  state: 'not_home'
  action:
    - service: ??????
	  entitity_id: alarm_control_panel.aarlo

Thanks in advance,
Ralf

You can use this service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_arm_away. There are also ones for arm_home and disarm.

Thanks for the reply.

I just noticed one problem with the module:
I have two Arlo cameras in place.
For the first camra, the battery message is correct.
But for the second camera, from the original arlo app i get a battery warning and it tells me it’s 2% but your aarlo module tells me it’s till 57%.
Something’s gonna wrong…

/ Ralf

@sherrell

Hi Steve, does the backend provide information on status when the camera is wired? at the moment I got one wired camera now and it obviously shows no battery information but the app shows its wired so I was wondering if its possible to get that information into the module as well?

@collse I expect I can get it. I’ll move a camera about tonight and see. If I can get I’ll set an attribute to tell you what power source is being used.

@Ralf What do you mean by ‘original arlo app’? Do you mean on the phone? Are you using the same login information in both places at the same time?

And, if you are comfortable getting logs can you look for a line resembling this:

2019-04-09 14:18:41 DEBUG (EventStream) [pyaarlo] set:XXXXXXXXXXXX/batteryLevel=55

This will tell me what Arlo is telling my code. You can turn logging on by adding the following to configuration.yaml.

logger:
    default: info
    logs:
        pyaarlo: debug

It will write to a file called homeassistant.log in your configuration directory.

@sherrell,

“original arlo app” i mean the app on my iPhone provided by the Arlo company.
And yes, i use same login informaiton. But even if i would use other (invited) ones, the devices are same so also should report always the same battery status.
I am just wondering why one of the devices show same battery status from the arlo app and also your integration but the second one is completely off.
I will do the debugging a bit later that day and add it in another comment to hopefully help you.

/ Ralf

@Ralf
I’m not saying there isn’t a bug but you have to create a second account and use that for Aarlo. If you don’t the iPhone app and home-assistant will fight each other and you’ll be constantly getting ‘are you logged in from somewhere else’ messages. Yes, it’s a pain but it’s a limitation imposed by Arlo.

But any debug info you can send me will help loads.

Any update on the custom_updater integration?

@sherrell
OK, understood what you are meaning. Will change the login for your HA module.
But however, now after adding the debug log as you told me and restarting HA (hass homeassistant restart) it shows the correct values both in logfile and in (of course) in lovelace.

Logfile output you asked for:
2019-04-17 21:26:57 DEBUG (EventStream) [pyaarlo] set:xxx/batteryLevel=0
2019-04-17 21:26:57 DEBUG (EventStream) [pyaarlo] set:4N727CSTBB447/connectionState=batteryCritical
2019-04-17 21:26:57 DEBUG (EventStream) [pyaarlo] set:xxx/batteryLevel=81

Unsure if this could be a mistake from myself or not but everything has worked fine. Also restarted HA after adding your module (as described in your setup docs).

Will look further the next days, especially after changing the batteries tomorrow.
So thanks very much for your great and fast help.

/ Ralf

@Ralf I’m probably ignoring the zero. I’ll take a look!

@sherrell
The “0” is still correct - as it shows 57% before, i did not realize that the battery got empty today.
And “battery critical” is also fully correct!

However this error has caused…

/ Ralf

@Christian_Hollbjar
It should be there now. Can you take a look? (And many thanks to @rccoleman for helping out here!)

I’m still a git-idiot so I may be wrong, but it looks like the *.json files are still pointing back to my fork and my garbage/test version numbers are still there. I didn’t “finish” the job from that perspective because it’s highly dependent on the git repo location and I couldn’t test anything while pointing at your repo. Version numbers are your choice, of course, and should just be a search-and-replace on the paths.

Edit: new PR raised to fix the paths. I didn’t touch the versions, but you’re free to do what you wish with them and the changelog. https://github.com/twrecked/hass-aarlo/pull/47

I would love to try this, and have been waiting for it to replace the current Arlo integration in the standard hassio installation. 2 questions:

1. Do you think it ever will replace the current integration? I think the strategy should be to release a stable baseline to start with and add features in upcoming releases. If not, there is a risk it will never be finished.
  2. How do I install it as a custom integration in hassio if I only have the samba add-on installed? Do I need to run the install scripts?
    Many thanks in advance, and keep up the good work!