Arlo Schedule mode

Hi,

I’ve got a couple of arlo cameras and have linked them with home assistant without issue. I wanted to setup an automation so that when we set the alarm the cameras arm as well. This works as expected, but I wanted to have another automation that enables the Schedule mode when we come home.

I’ve got the alarm_control_panel setup in my configuration.yaml and have set the following:

home_mode_name

To Schedule, but this doesn’t work. When looking at the states page, if the base stations mode is armed then it shows armed as the state, when it’s set to Schedule it shows unknown. Any ideas what home_mode_name should be set to to enable the Schedule mode? I could add a custom mode but this cannot be on a schedule so need to use the existing mode.
Thanks

By the way the armed mode set works via automation.

The automations that are working - arming / disarming:

- alias: Arm Arlo cameras when leaving
    trigger:
      platform: state
      entity_id: 'binary_sensor.texecom_state'
      to: 'on'
    action:
      service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_arm_away
      entity_id: alarm_control_panel.study

- alias: Set Arlo cameras to Home mode when arriving
    trigger:
      platform: state
      entity_id: 'binary_sensor.texecom_state'
      to: 'off'
    action:
      service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_disarm
      entity_id: alarm_control_panel.study

I’ve come at this from a different angle, and have now setup the schedule as an automation within Home Assistant. So I still have the arm, disarm based on the burglar alarm state, and also now have the arlo arming between midnight and 7am.

@mongo116 interesting subject, which Texecom panel do you have ? Premier Elite 24 ?

Yes, it’s the premier elite 24-w.

Thanks - could you share your config, especially where texecom_state is coming from ?

I’m very probably going to get the same control panel so I’m looking into the same things as you :slight_smile:

Hello, I would also be intrested in this can you please share the information on how you connected to your texecom panel

I’m running a python program that receives info from the Texecom alarm panel (arm, disarm events) and that then sends these on as MQTT messages to Home Assistant, from there I use these in my automations, see Texecom Premier Elite - MQTT / Home Assistant

1 Like

Thanks i got this running, but i dont get told that the alarm has gone off. i only get the status message. like the one below

{“client_ip”: “**”, “interval”: 120, “timestamp”: “2018-11-10T14:00:03.243158”, “client_port”: **, “flags_raw”: 0, “armed”: false, “engineer”: false, “account”: **, “battery_failure”: false, “line_failure”: false, “ac_failure”: false}