asusWRT and MQTT still not working since 0.99.3

Is anyone else having issues with asusWRT and MQTT.
None of my ESP-32 code has change nor have I changed any settings in my ASUS router.
All of my room sensors lose their MQTT connection within a minute. My asusWRT presence detection also broke after updating to 0.99.3. HELP! Very frustrating when all has been working perfectly for months…

I have issues with the AsusWRT component as well, but I think they have been there earlier than 0.99.
There’s another topic about it here, but it does not have a lot of activity. There’s also a github issue here but I’m not sure they are all from the same cause. Maybe you could post your log?

Asuswrt component is working for me. Right now I’m on HA 0.100.1. I’m using a Netgear R7000 with custom AsusWRT (called Xwrt-Vortex).

The component previously stopped working for me, but that was because I did a firmware update on the router that changed my SSH Enabled setting back to false. Make sure to check your router has SSH enabled, in case that setting was changed.

That’s useful info, I have the same router and firmware.
The problem for me is not that the asuswrt component is not working at all, but that it sometimes stops working after running HASS for a few days straight. After a restart of HASS it works again. But this is very unreliable of course. I’ll try updating tot 0.100.1 and see if my router has the latest XWRT firmware. Thank you!

Yes. Thanks for the suggestion. I have a ASUS RT-AC88U router.
I have never enabled the SSH option so I’m not sure if that is it. I checked and my SSH is disabled.
What port number should be used?

Thanks,

Keith

You don’t need to assign a port number, it should be set to default and should work with the component.

I’m getting forced to enter a port number.

It offers a suggestion not to use port 22 but stick with 2000 to 4096.

I use port 22, but you can use another port if you have another server on your network that uses port 22 and is accessible from the internet.

Thanks! I’ll set that up this evening.