Asuswrt Component. More than 1 Asus router

Since Asuswrt has been converted to a component, I have not figured out how to connect more than 1 router. I have a main router/firewall 87, an 86 running thru that on a VPN, and a 68 extending the 87’s subnet in AP mode. IP’s are connected to all 3 of these. A few things like my ring devices & my cell phones and other stuff I want on the VPN. The main HA isn’t.

As a device tracker, I could have multiple routers assigned reporting on IP addresses in HA, Now I have to pick one to monitor.

Anyone figure out the secret sauce to connect multiple Asus routers thru the new Asuswrt Component?

I’ve asked this in a couple of places now but noone knows.

1 Like

I don’t know if it will work but can you split them up into a list:

asuswrt:
  - host: 192.168.1.1
    username: asus_username
    password: asus_pwd
  - host: 192.168.1.2
    username: asus_2_username
    password: asus_2_pwd
- host: 192.168.x.x
  protocol: ssh
  username: !secret RLogin
  ssh_key: !secret RPassword
  mode: router

- host: 192.168.w.w

- host: 192.168.y.y
  mode: ap

Invalid config for [asuswrt]: expected a dictionary for dictionary value @ data['asuswrt']. Got [OrderedDict([('host', '192.168.x.x'), ('protocol', 'ssh'), ('username', '---'), ('ssh_key', '/config/.ssh/asus_rsa'), ('mode', 'router')]), OrderedDict([('host', '192.168.w.w'), ('protocol', 'ssh'), ('username', '---'), ('ssh_key', '/config/.ssh/asus_rsa'), ('mode', 'router')]), OrderedDict([('host', '192.168.y.y'), ('protocol', 'ssh'), ('username', '---'), ('ssh_key', '/config/.ssh/asus_rsa'), ('mode', 'ap')])]. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 34). Please check the docs at https://home-assistant.io/components/asuswrt/

Nope. Fails validation,

Even this fails alone… can’t have the - and indent formatting.

• host: 192.168.x.x
1 Like

I really want to sort this out also…

I have 4 asus routers running in a mesh network as AP’s. When I log into the main router, I can see that there are 60 wifi devices online, but when I point the asuswrt configs at this router, I only see the devices that are directly connected to that router. I can change my config to point it at another AP and I only see the devices directly attached to it. I also had to set require_ip: false to get any useful results.

This is my config:

asuswrt:
      host: 192.168.2.250
      username: !secret router_username
      ssh_key: /home/homeassistant/.ssh/id_rsa
      mode: ap
      require_ip: false

Any suggestions on how we can get better results?

2 Likes

The answer I got a year ago was its open-source, fix it and submit it to us. Soooo, like thats going to happen.I would if I could… it used to work…
This was in a baloob and Frenck live chat. One of the other guys was there too I think.

Same issue here, +1 from me to be able to add multiple asuswrt devices.

1 Like

AsusRouter integration can now support AiMesh:

2 Likes