ATAG One thermostat

I’m getting a connection refused error on the atag one zone. Looks like they changed api for the zone.

This part of the config works fine and allows me to connect to the devices:

atag:
  host: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
  email: filled in!
  port: 10000 # in case connecting through port redirect
  scan_interval: 20

However, as soon as I extend the code with the following configuration parameters:
optional configuration parameters:

sensors:
    - device_id
    - device_status
    - connection_status
etc.

I get the following errors:
Invalid config for [atag]: value is not allowed @ data[‘atag’][‘sensors’][0]. Got ‘device_id’
value is not allowed @ data[‘atag’][‘sensors’][1]. Got ‘device_status’
value is not allowed @ data[‘atag’][‘sensors’][2]. Got ‘connection_status’. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 112).

I have also tried to put the optional configuration parameters as a sensor:`

- platform: atag
  sensors:
    - device_id
    - device_status
    - connection_status
    - date_time

with no luck.
Could you give me a hint how to solve the issue.
Thnks in advance!

Tried it, but ATAG in their ‘wisdom’ disabled the external access to the one zone thermostat from the API and only allows spying devices from google and amazon to access it. The API was one of the reasons for choosing an ATAG heater over others, so I could replace my opentherm gateway and honeywell sensor. But after discovery of this ‘feature enhancement’ from ATAG I put my opentherm gateway and honeywell thermostat back in control. So be warned, dont choose atag because of the API, because it is NOT going to work with the atag one zone thermostat.

Don’t be disappointed. It’s one of these apps which are ill defined anyway and lack total support. Unless you were interested in the voltage level or PCB board temperature (I’m not!) it could have offered you some juice. It misses out on significant information the AtagOne has to offer. As far as current functionality is concerned, you are totally left to the prerogative of the software developer. and fails to address user requirements/needs. Wherever you post questions, either on this forum or via GitHub, there is a total lack of attention/ follow up. It’s extremely disappointing since it leaves HA merely as a GUI instead of an integrated device platform. At this time, you would be better of using the java API with json template to get any parameter the AtagONE holds in store. Unfortunately, the zone version is not supported.

Sofar I have been unable to use the comprehensive custom component documented by MatsNI. Hence, I 'm trying to see whether I’m able to get your REST sensor to work. Sofar yet unsuccessful. Though
THERMOSTAT_IP is clear to represent the IP address of the ATAG One, for YOUR_ACCOUNT and
RASPI_MAC I have assumed this to represent the ATAG One login email and the rPi MAC address. However, no luck. Is a password not required? Would appreciate your advice.
Rgds

Have you authorised the device as described here:

I overlooked that. Let’s see whether I understand how to do this.Thanks!

SSH into the pi no problem. However struckle with the Curl command. Could you give a lead/solution? Do I need to install additional curl library also?

Hi,
I am running into troubles also… If somebody could give a clue that would be welcome and appreciated.
I am running HA in a supervised docker on a NUC with Ubuntu20 which works beautiful.

running the java -jar atag-one.jar --email [email protected] --password p6ssw0rd works from the ubuntu terminal, running the java -jar atag-one.jar does not work. I understand I have to pair it, however to not have a clue howto… submitting the curl command does not work for me, not from ubuntu terminal, nor from HA terminal… Atagone inside HA cannot connect, not via the integrations nor from custom by Herikw…
again, help is very welcome :wink:

If you have a ATAG One Zone thermostat it is not going to work, this has been disabled in this version of the thermostat.

actually it is a normal atag one, not the zone… Now i had it finally functioning last night in HA (dont ask how)… until an hour ago, again no connection possible… aaargghhhh

Hi all,

I found a possible solution for my side. So I’m working with homeassisten and it is working for me to connect locally via homekit to the atag zone one boiler. Now I’m able to configure custom automations for example: leave the home → switch heating temperature to 15 degrees

Steps to configure the connection between homeassisten / atag one zone

1. Take an IOS device (it’s not possible with an android phone because the IOS Home App is a must have) and download & install the atag zone app
  2. Configure the device like in the user manual: https://f.hubspotusercontent00.net/hubf … uide-2.pdf
  3. Start Home App on the Iphone
  4. Click on “add device”
  5. Click on “code is missing”
  6. Click on the “Remote Atag” Device
  7. Click: “open Camera” after that the HomeKit QR Code opens on the ATAG Zone Controller. Do not scan it with the IOS phone!
  8. Open homeassitant: Configuration → Integrations → HomeKit Controller (should already detect the device)
  9. Type in the 7 digits which are showing up above the QR Code into homeassistant.

Hope it helps somebody with an ATAG Zone boiler :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I do not seem to be able to hold a connection with the atag one thermostat integration. Although I initially can integrate the device, after a couple of minutes it delivers the following message.
atagone
Anyone else experiencing the same? and if so any remedial action available?

After adding :slight_smile:

atag:
  host: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
  email: filled in!
  port: 10000 # in case connecting through port redirect
  scan_interval: 20

The home assistant detect a homekit. then when press configure it will request a code which is displayed on thermostat display.
Then its connected

But so far just displays temp, you can manually set temp and turn it on an off. Still investigating for more options.

Hi everybody, Bought me a thermostat type Atag one zone. Does anyone know if I can pair it with Home Assistant? If, yes, how? Thank you very much for all the responses!

You cant, Atag one zone (new) works differently then Atag one (old). Atag has in this new thermostat access limited to the spying devices from google and amazon. (see my earlier remark on 20/10/10)

Users of the Atag Zone can use this custom integration.

Works great.
I just learned that Atag is the same as Chaffoteaux and also Ariston

I’ve been using the Atag One with the Atag HA integration for about 1 year, without any issues. I’ve used to get some metrics from my central heater unit, and control the temperature.

I’ve recently added some zigbee radiator controls, so I wanted to switch the mode from auto to heat (to send heat to other rooms, regardles of the temperature on the thermostat). I found out there’s a bug in the way modes are switched, and decided to fix the code:

Unfortunately, I’m not getting any response. Any sugestions how I can get someone’s attention to fix this bug?

How do you determine the IP address of the Atag One thermostaat? Cannot find any reference to it in the ATAG One app and if do an IP scan, I don’t see any reference to it.

The IP address can be found through the thermostat itself.