Atomi Smart Spotlights

I purchased the Atomi Smart Spotlight 4 pack from Costco. They also sell on Amazon. Atomi Smart WiFi LED Spot Lights (Amazon.com)
I believe this is on a Tuya platform of sorts. It utilizes a wifi to bluetooth bridge. I am unable to sync this product with the Tuya or Smart Life app as there isn’t the exact same product listed. It has its own Atomi app that integrates wit Alexa and Google.
If anybody has been successful in integrating this with HA without the use of flashing or soldering I’d appreciate you sharing how you did this.
Thanks!
By the way, it is a cool product. Each light can operate independent of the others.

@DKrics curious to know some more details about what you have tried and what you have gotten to work.

I can tell you I was successful getting the bridge and lights to be registered in the Tuya app, and was able to control the light from within the Tuya IoT platform site. However I had no luck getting the lights recognized by the HACS Local Tuya integration, maybe because the integration expects a direct connection to the device and not proxied by a BT to Wifi bridge. I have yet to try the Tuya (cloud) integration.

I just got it working with the Tuya integration. Not local control which I really want, but maybe another day.

Thanks for your experience. So I didn’t see the exact same product on the Tuya app (wired spotlights), so I didn’t get it synced to anything. What did you use? Did you chose the bridge option or another form of lights? Which specific option works for you on the Tuya app?
And now that my setup is already synced to the Atomi app, if I were to try to use whatever you were successful with on the Tuya app, how would I go about resetting things in order to sync it using Tuya?
Sorry for so many questions. I appreciate your help.

I spent a lot of time trying to get BLE mesh setup with these lights. The goal was to use something like a raspberry pi to connect to the lights (not using the included hub at all). Got somethings to work but was just taking too much time and not reliable. More about that here: BLE Sig Mesh Gateway - #5 by dberse

But I ended up getting the hub added to Smart Life and creating a cloud tuya integration and the lights are working now in HA. I did have them in Atomi app first and just followed the steps to reset the hub (hold the button down until the light blinks). Then I did have some issues adding the lights under smart life but eventually got it working, just hold the button on the light down for 10-20 seconds. Had to go back into Atomi app and remove a light before it would pair in smart life.

2 Likes

I got this working with the Tuya official integration, but the 6 month “trial” or pay $25,000 for a proper license is very annoying.
I filed a feature request with localtuya to support the BLE wifi gateway and BLE spot lights. Hopefully if this gets enough traction we can get proper support for these lights with local control.

Is there any update to this? I had bought this from Costco on sale and am not sure I want it anymore. It is still new in box. If the HA integration is not good this is not worth it for me.

I was able to get this to work. Instead of using the Atomi app, I connected it to the Smart Life app. Then I used the Tuya integration to work with HA.
The key is to sync it with Smart Life.

2 Likes