Automatic blinds / sunscreen control based on sun platform

This seems like a great fit fot me however i cannot get it to work. When trying to test run the automation nothing happens. The sunscreen (Ikea fyrtur) doesnt move at all. What am I doing wrong? I’ve imported and configured the blueprint from the first post.

Hey!

Which variable exactly? Can I Update my old blueprint or do i need to setup it again?

Okay, what about if/else angles like:

if azimuth > 284° and elevation < 30°
then don’t control cover
(well that would even possible with hassio_automation because I could check sun.sun by myself outside cover_automation)

Because azimuth isn’t changing. It’s all about elevation?

Hi,

@langestefan Thanks a lot for this work!

@basbrus Also thanks to you for this nice blueprint.

You have a small typo in your calculation, that’s why the minimun_position isn’t working as expected

{%- set min_pos = min_posistion | default(0) -%}

needs to be

{%- set min_pos = min_position | default(0) -%}

Thanks for the catch. The blueprint is now updated without the typo. :smiley:

Hey.

How can I update a blueprint or do I need to setup everything again?

Greetings,
naturnorbert

You have two options:

1. Copy over the new code and paste it in the old file in config/blueprints/. After that reload all YAML configurations from the dev-tools
  2. Delete the old file in config/blueprints/ and import the updated version again with the import button in this forum.

In both cases HA keeps the already existing automations based on the blueprint.

1 Like

For option 2 I think I need to update the import button first, it doesn’t go automatically… right?

Regarding updating the blueprint locally, yes it has to be done manually: Keeping blueprints up to date

I guess autoupdate works just with HACS installed?

Not sure what you mean?

Blueprints have nothing to do with HACS. It’s build in HA extracting the yaml file from an url which is mostly a Github Gist page.

@langestefan When I update the code in the Gist the link stays the same, so the button will directly include the updated file :wink:

1 Like

That is right. But I remember that I read yesterday about auto-update blueprints from github with those version numbers and this is just possible in HACS.

Never heard of it. I tried searching for it in HACS and the forum but nothing came up.

i tested the variable version, because i dont want to create for each window a sensor, but it doesent work, the varaible is empty

service: notify.mobile_app_iphone_von_marc_2
data:
  title: Smarthome
    Automatische Rolladen Steuerung - Schlafzimmer aktiv "{{cover_height}}"

That’s because you already use a multiline string indicator |.
So that means that everything is already a string, just remove the quotation marks around the template and it will work I guess :wink:

1 Like

i tested it without the quotas, but no luck

service: notify.mobile_app_iphone_von_marc_2
data:
  title: Smarthome
    Automatische Rolladen Steuerung - Wohnzimmer aktiv {{cover_height}}

the variable is empty

This is correct, but will only work when the full automation is run otherwise the template is indeed not populated.
Did you only run that particular service_call?

1 Like

lol yes you are absolut right, its need to be triggered.

another question is it possible to template for example the “default_height: 100” ? this would be a nice way to control the blueprint (automation) for example before 18:30 oclock the value is 100 = open, after 18:30 its 0 = closed.

then its not anymore neccessary to deactivate the automation, in my case. in the evening until 18:30 the blinds are closed because its bedtime for my child.

for example

default_height: |
      {% if now().strftime('%H%M') <= "18:30" %}
      {% else %}
      {% endif %}

Hey!

When I close now one of my covers, shouldn’t the automation open it again?
Or doesn’t it do anything because of “out of FOV”?

Edith:
Without turning the automation Off, my covers are still moving now. Bug? How to fix?

Here was nonsense.

I guess I need just to disable the automation if the Sun is not inside the FOV.

Greetings

Thanks for this awesome automation/blueprint.

Would it be possible to add a sunrise/sunset part for opening/closing the covers by default? Maybe this could be done by templating the default_height like suggested by @htpc2308 .

Furthermore it would be great to set the FOV for both directions. Like discussed earlier in this thread. I have some windows in the north-west which get sunlight in the afternoon but only for 2-3h. With the current implementation they are closed until the late evening/night. I close them after sunset with another automation but it would be nice to open them when the sun is less intense.

I think the current workaround for this is to add an condition which checks the azimuth and opens them when it reaches a certain point.