Automatic light temperature

I think there should an easy and built-in way to automatically adjust light temperature through the day.

This seems like one of the most basic things one would expect from an automated home, yet it’s needlessly complicated to this day. I know there is Flux and Circadian Rhythm addon but those are VERY obtuse and complicated, completely inaccessible to regular users.

Possible? Thanks!

I have no need for this, I just adjust the brightness according to a day profile.
This would involve expensive bulbs and intelligence in the wrong place.
And probably only of use to maybe 1% of members
I think the developers would rather commit time and effort to something with a more urgent need or wider need.

So what are your issues with flux and circadian.?

What is so complicated in the Circadian custom component?

• Install it through HACS
  • add this to your configuration.yaml

circadian_lighting:

• add switches for the lights you want to be adjusted like this
switch:
  - platform: circadian_lighting
    lights_ct:
      - light.desk
      - light.lamp
  • ???
  • Profit

I think he means “he’d have to read dome stuff”

1 Like

Circadian is very easy to implement. Flux gives you more options to select start Kelvin and end Kelvin, between when… but Circadian straight forward easy to use

Is this why feature requests exist?

Thanks but please read the post before answering.

I’ve never gotten Flux to work:

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/flux-plus-yeelight-doesnt-work/165081

Similar with Circadian. Maybe it just doesn’t work with Yeelight bulbs. Also, none of these allow for applying temperature right when turning the lights on. They have to be on first and transition after. Also @Mutt, I’m not talking about brightness, I’m talking about temperatures.

You make a feature request, for a feature that already exists, you just can’t get it to work.

This is not correct, see the docs for circadian.

1 Like

Thanks, I will just try again. I couldn’t get any of the two to work, and it was not due to lack of reading and understanding - I eventually got everything else to work.

EDIT: it works. I swear it didn’t before. Thanks!

1 Like

I know you are not talking about brightness (I am, for my use, which does not include mireds for the reasons stated)
You are talking about colour temperature (mireds) it says so right in the title (I do read stuff ! Well sometimes at least :rofl: no sniggering in the back of class ! )

1 Like

snigger, snigger, snigger.

:wink:

DETENTION !

(where the hell is that angry teacher emoji ?) :rofl:

Snigger however you want, I got the thing working finally :slight_smile: