Automation idea before i even start to building it

Hello,

Is this idea stupid or worth of time to spend?
I was thinkin to make automation for kids school mornings.
My boy just started school and his school starts mo = 9, tue = 8, wed=10 and so on.
And that schedule changes quite often.

What would be the best way to make automation thats easily changeable and maybe writes its config to .txt file so it wont be ereased by HA boot.

Maybe have some fields in HA windows that says MO = 9, TUE = 8.
Automations what would be fired would be ~15 minutes before he needs to leave, play tts = start dressing up.

These single automations i can do but for one ok. looking schedule that even my wife can change is goal.

I do have this one alarmclock that has imput sliders and that could be somehow an easy way to do it.

If someone has some another ideas to handle this? Im open for ideas!

Personally I would create a shared Google calendar and use this for your automations

2 Likes

This is why i asked. Going to check it out if i know how to do it :slight_smile:

Cool.if you struggle let me know

I am quite new to HASS but I have a similar setup as I work shifts etc

I am using a google Calendar, it doesn’t take too long to setup as you can repeats things in the calendar. This then triggers different input_booleans depending on what shift I work and if it’s a weekend or I am hosting a dinner part etc.

I am starting to expand it to heating as well. Once you get the basics it’s pretty much copy and paste really.

RESOLVED - Google Calendar based lights

Most importantly I don’t think any automation is stupid. If it simplifies your life then its worth it.
We have a virtual grandfather clock here that HA drives as well as playing the US National Anthem at 8am every day, and we play Retreat at 15min prior to sunset every night. If the Mrs would let me do ships whistles I’d do that too but she said that is pushing my luck.
Turn off the bathroom light when you open the door? Sure why not :slight_smile: Setup all of my Christmas Lights to be driven by a Google Calendar event you bet. If I can automate it, its automated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yup, sounds familiar! :wink:

1 Like

There should be whole thread about Wife’s comments about our automations :slight_smile:

Mine was very happy when i tested some light automations at 3am night. I forgot wrong identities there and bedroom light was turning on and off :slight_smile:

1 Like

he he, check this post:

2 Likes