Automation keeps in "still running ..." state

I can confirm that I’ve also been seeing this happen recently - automations that keep running indefinitely.

Most often if happens when I’m running automations that turn off lights for a specific floor of my house. There are a bunch of zooz zwave light switches on each floor that I’m trying to turn off. Sometimes these go unavailable (thanks 700 series stick), and I’m not sure if that’s what’s causing the automation to freeze or what. I’d rather the automation skip over the dead devices and keep going, but devices that aren’t dead won’t get turned off once the automation freezes.

This is a new behavior in the last month, and I haven’t changed these automations in a while…

1 Like

One additional comment to add… I thought maybe this had something to do with my HUSZBZ-1 zwave config and went ahead and bought a Zooz 800, but the issue still persists. Now I’m thinking it’s zwave device specific or the integration itself since it randomly started happening within the last few months.

It was occurring on ZWave JS with my old config and is still occurring now on ZWave JS UI.

One user tried it and reported that it helped to avoid the problem. Try it and let us know if it works for you.

Be advised it’s merely a workaround to avoid having the service call wait forever for a reply that never comes.

Another +1 here running into the same problem with zwave automations in the last month or so. Clearly a new bug.

I actually have this issue with my automations that are based on HUE motion sensor to turn on/off a light. Some of them get stuck after some time in the conditon section of the automation while others using the same trigger still work in parallel. Restarting HA solves the issue for some days and then I need to restart again. I have the strange feeling this is due to the fact that I check the light level in the condition section based on the light level attribute and not the state of the illuminancd device itself, but I have not yet had the time to look at it in more depth.