Automation Not Triggering on Time

Good idea. I’m looking at the documentation right now, and it looks like I can simply do that through a service call.

This should do it.

service: logger.set_level
data:
  homeassistant.components.automation: debug

Nothing. Set it to go off at 13:00, not a single thing in the logs.

I even set the logger level to debug for homeassistant.components, which causes my log to be a complete mess, and watched it with tail -f home-assistant.log | grep automation.

Nothing. Not even the '/1' test automation was called.

man something goofy is going on then. All of those things are basic functionalities in HA. Someone else would have seen this issue if it was widespread. What version are you running?

Running 0.71 on an Ubuntu VM right now. Just used the Hass.io install script. So, everything is running in Docker containers. No weird environment.

Ok, lets take a step back then. Are you seeing the automation in the UI? Does it appear in the states page?

Yep!

I think you need a new set of eyes on this. I’m not seeing any problems.

There may be a possibility that a recent change to the AppArmor profile caused this issue. I’m going to try updating the profiles and see what happens.

Well I re-ran the install script to update my AppArmor profiles, rebooted the entire system, went back into Home Assistant, changed the alarm datetime sensor to something very soon, waited, and… nothing.

I’ve been meaning to migrate to a newer OS, as I’m running on an Ubuntu 16.04 VM that has been in service for about 2 years now. I’ll do a hass.io snapshot, and try loading it to a new VM (probably Ubuntu 18.04). My initial goal was to move it to VMware Photon, but there are a lot of packages that simply aren’t available to it that the install script requires.

have you tried talking with the experts on discord?

Yep. I’ve posted this thread probably 5x over the past few days trying to get people to look at it.There’s been a lot of “have you tried [this this thing that was clearly mentioned in the thread]?” questions. I’ll try posting it again to see if anyone has any ideas.

I’m going to build a new VM, migrate my HASS instance over to it, and see what happens. If that doesn’t work, I’m going to post this to the devs and figure out what the fuck is going on with the clock.

Yah, I’m stumped man. Doesn’t make sense.

try changing:

entity_id: binary_sensor.workday_sensor

to

entity_id: binary_sensor.workday

:joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

I hate everything…

1 Like