Automation not work - user error?

Hi there. I am a beginner in automation / home assistant. I am successfully beyond ESP installation and sensor setup.

The problem is this: I create two automatisms in a graphical interface (one is for turning it on, the other is for turning it off). There is a sensor that monitors the temperature and turns a relay on or off below a certain value. What time condition I specify (08: 00-20: 00) does not work. that is, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. there are times when the relay does not turn on for days, there are times when every day but never at 8 a.m. but from 12 to 3 p.m., but turning off at 8 p.m.

In another automatism, I tried the temperature / time control separately. This is how it worked.
Here is my automation yaml picture. The highlighted parts is not work. I created this for automatisms in a graphical interface - writing the text part is hard for me.

I hope work my pic insert.

Jeromos

Did you check the traces of the two automations?

For future reference, post the YAML code of your automations in the forum, not screenshots of the YAML code.

Hi Taras.

yes, I checked the debug section. It ran normally until 20:00, after 20:00 there would have been random (20:10, 22:18, 02:15) automatic starts, but the time condition prevented it from starting.
After 20:00, the automatism does not run down every time the temperature changes. it’s weird for me.

(I created the automation in a graphical interface, because accurate programming doesn’t work for me yet. I was hoping that the translation between the graphical interface and the text interface would be correct correctly.)

i cant attach the yaml file, here is the link: https://mega.nz/folder/7NUgzbCQ#D9DdZxXu4VPvjKr1d5zrpQ
this yaml contain 4 automatism, but 2 important (“szell-be” (ON) and “szell-ki” (OFF))

Hello.

I updated the link above with two trace automation.json file and pictures.

The linked folder contain two picture showing the graph of the temperature sensor and the status of the controlled relay. On March 9, I turned the automatics on manually, after May 20:00 it was automatically turned off. According to automatism, he should have started at 08:00 on March 10, instead he started around 11:00.

I hope it helps with debugging.

The forum software doesn’t allow for attaching files. The common practice is to paste the file’s contents directly into the forum post (as properly formatted YAML). You posted your files on a cloud service and they must be downloaded by users first before they can be examined. That’s not the normal practice in this community forum (if you don’t believe me, look at other users’ posts).

Where in the first screenshot you posted do either of the two automations have a Time Trigger scheduled to trigger at 08:00?

The first automation has a Device Trigger designed to trigger only if the sensor’s value increases above 10 or decreases below 17. It triggers only at the moment when either of those two thresholds are crossed. If either of those two events occurs within the condition’s time range (06:00 - 20:00), the automation’s action will be executed. If either of the two events occurs outside of the time range, nothing happens.

Hi.
Sorry for inserting the wrong file, I’ll try to use it correctly next time.

“Where in the first screenshot you posted do either of the two automations have a Time Trigger scheduled to trigger at 08:00?” - no, only the automatic switch-on has a time condition. the switch-off automatism off to the set temperature (19°C)

If you look at the pictures in today’s cloud folder, you can see that the temperature condition is met at that time. The temperature was around 14.7 ° C at 08:00 this morning, when the automation was scheduled to start, because it was after 08:00 and the temperature was below the specified value (17 ° C).

“The first automation has a Device Trigger designed to trigger only if the sensor’s value increases above 10 or decreases below 17.” according to these, the automatism is not activated if the temperature of 15.1°C is measured in the given period (08: 00-20: 00)?