Automations all off when starting HA

Hi,

i have a strange issue.

All my automations are by default off (state=off). When i go to settings and choose Reload Automations, all will will turn on state to ON, but i have to do this manually after every reboot.
I did not set any initial_state, so should be default (on).

Thanks

I had a similar problem but not affecting all of my automations, just a part of them. I ended up setting initial_state: on for all automations and no longer have a problem.

I will test it, but default should be ON in the first place

Set the initial_state: true to the automations I heard the automations are sometimes disabled if you restart too many times within a short amount of time. If you set it explicitly there shouldn’t be a problem.

Default is not on. Default is to remember whatever state it was in before you restarted, but it’s unreliable so results in ‘off’ if it can’t remember.

If you want default to be on you must set it with initial_state.

Thanks all. As written in other topics; the default state should be ON.

For now i indead created the initial_state: on in every automation, witch seems to work for now.

Hi all,

Bringing this old thread up again… I recently started to use packages and moved everything incl. automations into them. Before, every automation was “on” after a HA restart. Since they have been moved into packages, all automations are “off” after a restart - no matter if they were “on” or “off” before!

Is there any way to prevent this apart from using “initial_state: true”?

I have initial_state: on
Not initial_state: true

With this set it works great

Happens to me as well, I think it should be reported as an issue in the HA GitHub repo

Not an issue but set automation correctly. Better update documantation.