Automations don't work after update

Ughhh… I did the required updates… And now none of my dozens “Automation’s” work anymore.
Where do I start, What to do? Thanks in Advance…

Seems the Alexa Integration is not Loading:

Here’s is the Error noted in the Repair Log:

The automation “Master Bedroom Door Opened” (automation.master_bedroom_door_opened) has an action that calls an unknown service: notify.alexa_media_echo_show_2.

This error prevents the automation from running correctly. Maybe this service is no longer available, or perhaps a typo caused it.

To fixstrong text this error, edit the automation and remove the action that calls this service.

Click on SUBMIT below to confirm you have fixed this automation.

Here’s the actual automation Yaml code:

Please don’t share images of text, share it as text, correctly formatted.

Did you check the log file to see why that custom component isn’t loading? Did you check for known issues/an update to it?

Thanks. Says all my Alexa player media devices are not loaded now:
Sorry I’m in my 70’s retired and most of my automation’s were created to some assistance from others here way smarter than I am.
But If I can get just a little help to get started I be able to figure out most of it… Thank you in advance.

OK. Here’s a direct copy Yaml code and paste. (CTL-C and CTL-V)

alias: Master Bedroom Door Opened
description: Tells Alexa to say the Master Bedroom door is opened
trigger:

• platform: state
    entity_id:
    • binary_sensor.master_bedroom
      to: “on”
      for:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 0
      seconds: 2
      condition: []
      action:
  • service: notify.alexa_media_echo_show_2
    data:
    title: Master Bedrooom Door Open
    data:
    type: tts
  • stop: “”
    mode: single

Here’s the Error log. I think ?

'Logger: homeassistant.components.automation.master_bedroom_door_opened
Source: helpers/script.py:409
Integration: Automation (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 4:49:39 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 4:49:39 PM

Master Bedroom Door Opened: Error executing script. Service not found for call_service at pos 1: Unable to find service notify.alexa_media_echo_show_2’

In My Home Assistant I find many devices no longer function now.
I find that all my 12 or so Low Power BLE devices are not loading.
All 6 Alexa Media Players not loading.

Hopefully someone with more skill set than I can find a likely simple fix.

I’ve considered trying to go back to my old backup. But very Scary Thought and I haven’t a clue on how that’s done.

Hope you or someone can be patient enough to guide me through the needed fix. Thanks

Had the same problem did a cold restart powered it off/on waiting about 1/2 day did the Amazon login thing and it work

Please format your code.

You’re chasing the symptom, not the cause.

The automation’s don’t work because Alexa Media Player isn’t loaded. You need to investigate why Alexa Media Player isn’t loaded.

1. Look in your log for messages about that.
  2. Check for updates to that custom component - maybe you’re on an old version.
  3. Check for known issues to see if there’s a known fix.
1 Like

Unbelievable !!!
The exact thing happened to my setup.
In Utter frustration, I just gave up and put it all on hold. Two days later I turn on one of my computers.
And then I see this prompt from Amazon, requesting my user name and PW, it also sent my by cell phone an OTC? Code and it required. Once I did that it all came back to life.
And for another Unknown reason all my 17 Low Energy Blue Tooth devices started working again.
So I’m “Dazed and Confused” Zeplin… As I haven’t a clue, but just glad it’s all working again…