Automower device_tracker is missing

Hi,

I installed GitHub - walthowd/ha-automower: Automower Custom Component for Home Assistant from @walt via HACS.

It worked fine over a year on my old HA installation. I did a new setup on a new server, I have no error in the logs, the vacuum instance is created, but not the device_tracker.

Has anyone the same error? Has anyone a solution?

I tried to add log debug outputs to see some errors, but everything is fine. The GPS position is retrieved, updates occure on a regulary base, the only thing which is missing is the device_tracker.

Regards, Christian

Looks like the problem is in HA itself, see How to create a custom device tracker (from GPS coordinates)? - #12 by ChrLipp

It works for me.

The car does not have a GPS, but gets moved with device_tracker.see when phone loses bluetooth connection with the car.

I think we have two problems with device_tracker.see:

• when the device tracker doesn’t exist, see does not create it anymore:
    in your case I believe the device tracker was existing from earlier versions
  • The device tracker state is not persisted, but movement works.
    You could try this when you reboot HA und then check, if HA remembers the last position

No it will never remember the position. But I have an automation that fetches the position from a webserver when HA has been on for two minutes.