Avigilon Cameras

Hi everyone. I’m a new member here and just getting into HA. I am trying to figure out if anyone has been successful in incorporating Avigilon cameras into their setup. I’ve searched here and google with no luck thus far.

Thanks

Why not set them up in Zoneminder first and then simply build zoneminder component in HA?

Cause I’m new have wasn’t aware of that option, I’ll look into it! Thanks for the tip.

Kevin

have been trying to get zoneminder to work with avigilon cameras for a while now with no luck. Avigilon is also not on their list of compatible hardware.

What protocol do they use?

Can you view the images from the camera’s on a web page?

If So, when the camera is up and running in the browser, right click on the image and copy the URL… this web address will give you loads of info about the stream… The ytou will need to tweak and fiddle with the variables in ZM until you get the feed running…

Once you have your cams in ZM, siumply add the ZM components to HA (This is the quickest shortest part of the whole thing) and reboot HA and your camera’s should appear in HA UI

There are literally thousands of camera’s out there and not all of them are listed… ZM is very old and a bit clunky, I am pushing for a Shinobi Camera Component to be built for HA, but until then, it is probably the way forward in terms of using camera’s with HA if you intend using a couple of cams with a central recording function…