šŸ’” Awesome HA Blueprints: A curated list of blueprints + easily create controller-based automations (remotes, switches,...) for controlling lights, media players, and more

Hi @AndrewF6

Iā€™d like to inform you that Iā€™ve published an update for the E1744 Controller blueprint which adds support for debouncing. :tada:

Debouncing allows to filter duplicate events which might be fired by this controller. This unexpected behaviour was reported for devices connected with the ZHA integration.

If you plan to update this blueprint, please read carefully the changelog and documentation, which also provides guidance on how to enable debouncing.

This update might solve the issue you were experiencing with this blueprint as well. If something is still not working as intended after the update, please let me know. :+1:

Thank you for your patience, and happy automating!

@epmatt : my model number says: 324131137411

Hi @maskfaen,

Thank you. Unfortunately the current blueprint doesnā€™t support your controller.

If youā€™re available and have some time, we should check the ZHA events your controller is firing when interacting with it.
Please navigate to Developer Tools ā†’ Events, then in the Listen for events form type zha_event and click on Start Listening. Press the button on the remote, then you should instantly see the event fired by your remote.

Repeat the operation for the four buttons and for all the possible actions (short press/long press/release after long press). Then, post the events you received here.

I wasnā€™t able to find much information regarding this remote online. In any case given the action mappings we should be able to implement a blueprint specifically for your device integrated with ZHA. :slight_smile:

Thank you!

1 Like

@epmatt Everything I can do to achive this function :slight_smile:

Here is short press events:

Long press (2-3seconds):

Double press:

Hi @maskfaen,

thanks for your feedback, Iā€™ve just opened an issue on the projectā€™s GitHub repository to track your feature request.

Iā€™ll let you know as soon as the new blueprint is ready. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @epmatt thanks for taking the time to respond. Iā€™ve tried the latest version of your controller and it works! Great times ahead! thanks again!

1 Like

Hi @AndrewF6,

great! Iā€™m happy to hear that everything works as expected.
Happy automating, and enjoy the blueprints! :wink:

hi @epmatt ,
Iā€™ve been working with this with the Cover hook for my ikea 2 button dimmer in combination with shelly rolling shutters.
Iā€™d like to manipulate the Hook - Cover so that when I click on one of the buttons when itā€™s opening or closing, the cover stops moving.

action:
- variables:
    action: '{{ trigger.event.data.action }}'
- choose:
  - conditions: '{{ action == open_cover }}'
    sequence:
    - service: >
       {% if is_state('input.cover', 'closing' or 'opening')%}
         cover.stop_cover
       {% else %}
         cover.open_cover
       {% endif %} 
      entity_id: !input 'cover'
  - conditions: '{{ action == close_cover }}'
    sequence:
    - service: >
       {% if is_state('input.cover', 'closing' or 'opening')%}
         cover.stop_cover
       {% else %}
         cover.close_cover
       {% endif %} 
      entity_id: !input 'cover'

Should the above work or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your great work! Your blueprint make HA automations work in a way Iā€™ve expected they should.
I would like to update a blueprint (and all automations which use it) - what is the best way to do it?

1 Like

The description of every hook blueprint ist written for a light, even if its for a media player or cover.
The controller device which will control the light.

The center button of my IKEA E1810 TRADFRI doesnā€™t work. The other buttons do work smoothly.
Smooth power off doesnā€™t work, too.

Hi @jolau, thank you for your nice feedback! Iā€™m glad you find these blueprints useful. :tada:

As far as I know, currently the best way to update a blueprint is to delete it from the Home Assistant UI, then import it again in the same way you did when you first installed it on your system. :slight_smile:

Hi @vehsen,

The description of every hook blueprint ist written for a light, even if its for a media player or cover.
The controller device which will control the light.

Thank you for spotting it, Iā€™ll push an update to fix the description issue. :slight_smile:

The center button of my IKEA E1810 TRADFRI doesnā€™t work. The other buttons do work smoothly.
Smooth power off doesnā€™t work, too.

Iā€™m sorry to hear youā€™re having issues with the blueprints. Can you please share the YAML config for both the E1524/E1810 Controller and Light Hook automations?

Thank you!

Having an issue with this blueprint. When I press the double-tap up or double-tap down on my E1743, I can see that the automationā€™s ā€œLast Triggeredā€ timestamp DOES in fact update, so the double-tap trigger is kicking off the automation itself, but the action isnā€™t working.

The action is quite simple. For double-tap up, I want two different light entities to turn on @ 100% brightness. For double-tap down, I wan those two different light entities to turn off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @tumtumsback,
thank you for reporting here.

I guess youā€™re setting up the E1743 controller blueprint. Could you please share the YAML configuration for the automation youā€™re setting up with this blueprint?

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like
- id: '1628254720620'
  alias: Controller - IKEA E1743 On/Off Switch & Dimmer
  description: ''
  use_blueprint:
    path: EPMatt/ikea_e1743.yaml
    input:
      helper_last_controller_event: input_text.text1
      integration: deCONZ
      controller_device: 7e2912eb650d47d5b96ab06fe4a2a582
      action_button_up_double:
      - service: light.turn_on
        target:
          entity_id:
          - light.lamps
          - light.office_lights
        data:
          brightness: 255
      action_button_down_double:
      - service: light.turn_off
        target:
          entity_id:
          - light.lamps
          - light.office_lights
      button_up_double_press: true
      button_down_double_press: true

Hi @tumtumsback, thank you for your quick reply.

At first sight the config looks good to me. Do you notice any entries in the Home Assistant logs related to this blueprint?

Thanks!

Logs are free of anything pertaining to this Blueprint ā€“ thatā€™s whatā€™s throwing me for a loop!

Hi @tumtumstack,

Iā€™d like to point out that the double press feature is not embedded in the controller itself. Instead, the blueprint implements it by capturing two subsequent short presses. Thatā€™s why the feature is considered a virtual double press. For this reason, a too fast double press of the button might not be identified as the correct event - the blueprint might only catch the first short press and not the second one, wrongly identifying the ā€œvirtual double pressā€ as a ā€œsingle short pressā€.

Please try to increase the value of the Helper - Double Press delay input to 1+ seconds. When double pressing the button on the device, wait a little bit more between the first and second short press.

Let me know if youā€™re able to solve the issue. If not, we might be facing a bug in the blueprint.
Thank you! :slight_smile:

Ah! Before even changing the input to 1000ms, I wanted to see if I could figure out the perfect timing @ 500ms ā€“ and I was able to, but it was very tempermental.

So, I changed it to 1000ms ā€“ now it works like a charm every time. Thanks for the heads up on this! Itā€™s possible you might want to bump the default from 500ms ā†’ 1000ms :man_shrugging:

Hi @epmatt , I would like to +1 for the new Hue Dimmer Switch (9290023986).
I have it connected via Zigbee2mqtt. If you need additional info, please let me know