Axis camera component

I more or less know the cause, but I haven’t yet validated that is truly so nor have I yet figured out how I want to solve it :slight_smile:

Working on more fixes for 2024.3.2

Fisheye devices has a viewing option which does not support zoom controls. PR merged for 2024.3.2

Running as viewer fails to start integration. Workaround is to run as an administrator user. PR awaiting review Bump axis to v56 by Kane610 · Pull Request #113608 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

1 Like

One more fix in for 2024.3.2

Handle 403 errors when access rights are not enough

Hello all!

Release notes of the Axis integration coming with Home Assistant 2024.4.0

With last release I introduced a more or less completely overhauled library, which many of you noticed. I’d like to thank everyone for great cooperation identifying and solving these. With the help of you I pushed out 10 releases over the last month with 15 different fixes based on all variations of devices and firmware you are running towards Home Assistant. (Axis v50-v59).

This release will mostly improve the different aspects of the integration as its a bit outdated in ways of doing stuff in Home assistant, its been along for a long time and needs some touch up from time to time.

Two new features introduced with this release that fit well together, the primary one would be added support for HTTPS, as some setups with other clients turn off HTTP access completely should now work well. The second one is the addition of the reconfigure flow so you can trigger an update of the configuration of the integration should you want to change from HTTP to HTTPS or any of the other parameters.

Also due to refactoring it was now very easy to solve the issue happening when restarting the device and Home Assistant complaining the integration does not create unique Ids resulting in duplicate entities.

Beta fixes

Cheers!

/Robban

For feature requests of the integration post an issue at Axis github

I’m on Github Sponsors if you appreciate my work.

3 Likes

HASS 2024.4.1 comes with a couple of small fixes

1 Like

Upcoming HASS 2024.4.2 fixes

Hello all!

Release notes of the Axis integration coming with Home Assistant 2024.5.0

Not much to report this release, I’m still looking at improving backend stuff before adding new things and I’ve primarily looked at event data the last few weeks together with a well deserved vacation. The one change we have this release is from a new contributor bengtsir who provided a new OUI that can be used to discovery Axis devices on the network, thanks bengtsir!

Cheers!

/Robban

For feature requests of the integration post an issue at Axis github

I’m on Github Sponsors if you appreciate my work.

1 Like

Hi Robban, thank you for your continued good works as I one man mission to keep old Axis IP Camera out of landfill your software really helps. I have a Axis P1357 on Axis firmware 6.50.5.8 which I had to add to the Axis Integration manualy using HTTP and port 80, it works consistently but… It keeps dropping out only to be discovered by the integration which defaults to HTTPS and port 406 which will not connect is there somthing to look out for ? Is my configuration too prrimitive :slight_smile:

So far it appears to be when I chance the device I am viewing Home Assistant on. Being 1 Mobile and 2 diffrent PC browsers … but it just did it again on my mobile ???

Mark

1 Like

Then we’re on the same path, they will live on for a long time still and having them functioning with home assistant is really awesome!

So does it restart or something? You can look at if the device restarts or something when it happens, you can also enable debug logging with the integration to see if you catch any errors. The described behaviour is not recognised by me so I can’t really say much. Does it perhaps change IP? Are you saying credentials aren’t working either? Can you not use HTTPS and 443 instead? I don’t think it would suggest 406 that’s not a standard port .

I dont know why more folks to “get” using old Quality kit … it can be made secure enough if you are carful with the security of your lan/wan… I keep showing people just how good some of the Axis kit is … but that is another story.

No not getting restarts, just getting the notification badge pop up and when I view the integration the camera has gone missing. I don’t want to waste your time on this one as it has behaved itself for the half hour or so. There is no change of IP and I am managing it remotely with a Nabu Casa connection.

I must get to grips with HTTPS SSl certificates I have little experience and tend to cock up ending up in long trips in the car :frowning:
Do I have to install a certificate on the camera for Home Assistant to connect HTTPS on 443 ? I think I managed to turn in to a 406 with my fat fingers.
Thanks again
Mark

No you can just enable https with port 443 and it should work. The device should have a self signed certificate. If it does not you can generate one in the interface of the camera. There is no requirement to use https. I added it as some systems disable http access and then users could not run home assistant in paralell

In line with Sods Law, I have had no issue with the camera. It has settled down nicely HTTP on 80. I suspect I do not have an up-to-date certificate on my camera and cant do a self-certification remotely as Axis Camera Companion Classic has been deprecated and I failed to get port forwarding and VPN working with the rather poor router at the other end. Nabu Cassa saving me from buying a router and working well …. Other than I cannot get to the camera server remotely. Next time I get on site I will try to move the camera to HTTPS and 443, otherwise very appreciative of your work as always. Of course, I am always looking for more :blush: …. Have you had any thoughts of recovering edge recordings with a timeline as in Axis Camera Companion? Just a thought…. Cheers Mark

PS You dont have a coffee flag so that I can show you my appreciation tangibly.

1 Like

Yes, but its a big API and last year has been mostly about rewriting most existing stuff :slight_smile:

Im on GitHub sponsors

Robban, remember to add the PTZ commnands and preset positions… I hope it still is in your todo list ! :wink:

Its on the list. Having vacation and reworking tests right now :slight_smile: