Axis camera component

Ok, then maybe I should add an option to ignore device in discovery in the future.

Well you can still use the camera function, but the sensors won’t work.

Ohh, i can ? can i still see the live stream ?

Yes, the camera component is just a wrapper for the mjpeg camera component as to not need multiple configurations of axis cameras.

So you mean to add the camera as an mjpeg camera ?

If you use the camera support from the Axis component it is the same thing as using the mjpeg camera platform. Since the Axis camera inherits from the mjpeg camera. class AxisCamera(MjpegCamera):

Well i tried with axis and only have camera in the include, that did not work. I then tried a general mjpeg camera and that did not work either eventhough i have an url whith the mjpeg stream working in a browser on this camera.

Right now? On the latest release? It should work.

axis:
  m1065lw:
    host: IP ADDRESS
    username: USERNAME
    password: PASSWORD
    include:
      - camera

Hi

Having installed a development setup of ha and detected my axis cameras im not seeing any events in the logbook, ive read somewhere that the axis component is affecting the logbook but cant find the post now, is there a fix for this? im on the latest clean install of HASSBIAN on ubuntu Virtual Env.

thanks folks

Yes, I have a pull request available. https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/9293

You can just download the changed files and everything will work as expected with the logbook.

thanks for the info, whats the best way to update this, never done a pull before?

cheers

You have to copy the files over to where to HASS ordinary files are

Hi Robban, ive copied and pasted the RAW file structure into the existing files (deleting existing code), im not sure if the requirments_all is required or where its located? however i get unable to configure axis component now when i restart the HA.

Could you advise on where i went wrong? :slight_smile:

Just for info - HA logger states INFO (Dummy-9) [axis] state.setter has no callback
Dummy number changes between 8 and 10 as the event log fills

Thanks

Logs please :slight_smile:

You can start by checking that the correct version of the axis component has gotten installed, it might try to use the older version.

Dummy number is some kind of reference to different threads.

Thanks, sorry to be a pain.

2017-09-18 15:10:26 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder] Ended unfinished session (id=27 from 2017-09-18 13:48:06.904582) 2017-09-18 15:10:54 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.device_tracker] Unable to load /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/known_devices.yaml: Config file not found: /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/known_devices.yaml 2017-09-18 15:10:56 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component axis Traceback (most recent call last): File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 194, in _async_setup_component component.setup, hass, processed_config) File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py", line 361, in __iter__ yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion. File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py", line 296, in _wakeup future.result() File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py", line 274, in result raise self._exception File "/usr/lib/python3.5/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 55, in run result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs) File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/axis.py", line 186, in setup for device in config[DOMAIN]: KeyError: 'axis' 2017-09-18 15:10:56 ERROR (Thread-4) [pynetgear] Error talking to API Traceback (most recent call last): File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/models.py", line 374, in prepare_url scheme, auth, host, port, path, query, fragment = parse_url(url) File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/packages/urllib3/util/url.py", line 199, in parse_url raise LocationParseError(url) requests.packages.urllib3.exceptions.LocationParseError: Failed to parse: None:None During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pynetgear/__init__.py", line 113, in _make_request self.soap_url, headers=headers, data=message, timeout=10) File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 112, in post return request('post', url, data=data, json=json, **kwargs) File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 58, in request return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs) File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 504, in request prep = self.prepare_request(req) File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 436, in prepare_request hooks=merge_hooks(request.hooks, self.hooks), File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/models.py", line 302, in prepare self.prepare_url(url, params) File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/models.py", line 376, in prepare_url raise InvalidURL(*e.args) requests.exceptions.InvalidURL: Failed to parse: None:None 2017-09-18 15:10:57 ERROR (Thread-4) [homeassistant.components.device_tracker.netgear] Failed to Login 2017-09-18 15:10:57 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.device_tracker] Error setting up platform netgear 2017-09-18 15:10:57 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to setup dependencies of camera.axis. Setup failed for dependencies: axis 2017-09-18 15:10:57 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform camera.axis: Could not setup all dependencies. 2017-09-18 15:10:57 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to setup dependencies of camera.axis. Setup failed for dependencies: axis 2017-09-18 15:10:57 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform camera.axis: Could not setup all dependencies. 2017-09-18 15:10:57 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to setup dependencies of camera.axis. Setup failed for dependencies: axis 2017-09-18 15:10:57 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform camera.axis: Could not setup all dependencies. 2017-09-18 15:10:57 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to setup dependencies of camera.axis. Setup failed for dependencies: axis 2017-09-18 15:10:57 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform camera.axis: Could not setup all dependencies. 2017-09-18 15:10:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to setup dependencies of binary_sensor.axis. Setup failed for dependencies: axis 2017-09-18 15:10:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform binary_sensor.axis: Could not setup all dependencies. 2017-09-18 15:10:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to setup dependencies of binary_sensor.axis. Setup failed for dependencies: axis 2017-09-18 15:10:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform binary_sensor.axis: Could not setup all dependencies. 2017-09-18 15:10:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to setup dependencies of binary_sensor.axis. Setup failed for dependencies: axis 2017-09-18 15:10:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform binary_sensor.axis: Could not setup all dependencies. 2017-09-18 15:10:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to setup dependencies of binary_sensor.axis. Setup failed for dependencies: axis 2017-09-18 15:10:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform binary_sensor.axis: Could not setup all dependencies. 2017-09-18 15:10:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to setup dependencies of binary_sensor.axis. Setup failed for dependencies: axis 2017-09-18 15:10:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform binary_sensor.axis: Could not setup all dependencies. 2017-09-18 15:10:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to setup dependencies of binary_sensor.axis. Setup failed for dependencies: axis 2017-09-18 15:10:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform binary_sensor.axis: Could not setup all dependencies.

I presume its dummy 8/9/10 as i have 3 cams configured, not sure if thats the case or not. not sure how to check version, ive just download the latest .53.1 of HA and installed in VENV on ubuntu.

thanks again

It seems you have other issues in your logs as well

Are you using auto discovery for your axis devices? That could be the reason for it not working. I’ve pushed a patch to solve that.

Superb, thats done the trick.

Thanks for your assistance again. For info I was using auto discovery, but will probably move away from it at some point.

Thanks again

Thanks for taking the time to test! Wouldn’t have caught me breaking autodiscovery functionality else.

The PR has been merged so keep a look out of for the next release.

HI @Robban, can I check, are you adding the extra dependences below to the online page Axis - Home Assistant ?

sudo apt-get install python3-gst-1.0 gir1.2-gstreamer-1.0 gir1.2-gst-plugins-base-1.0 gstreamer1.0-plugins-good gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly gstreamer1.0-tools python3-gi