Bali Blinds - Set Lower Limit

I successfully connected my Zwave Bali blinds to HA. The only issue is that the blinds are slightly longer than the window. I had set the lower limit with the included zwave remote that came with the blinds, but once I paired the blinds with HA, it cleared the saved lower limit.

Is there a way to set the lower limit of the shades in HA?

Hi there! I had the same problem. I called into Bali’s support line and they walked me through the steps that seemed exactly like the steps in the instructions, but this time pairing with z-wave didn’t lose the upper/lower limits. The guy told me he suspects that I (you?) were holding the button a bit too long and causing a reset on the shade. So, keep trying and maybe hold the button on the shade for less time. I can confirm: I now have a z-wave shade paired without losing the limit.

I forgot to update this thread! I was able to get this resolved by connecting the shade remote to the blinds after I connected the shades to HA. Then following the shade instructions to set the lower limits.

But I think you’re right. I was probably holding the button too long, resetting the shade.

Appreciate your post!

Awesome. Any chance you solved this problem? :slight_smile:

You can add the remote to HA as well and set the limits from the remote like normal. Here are the instructions to add your blinds and remote to HA. Once they are added you can associate the blinds with the remote as well so you can control them from HA or the remote and still use the remote to set the limits and home position.