Batrium HA Integration

1 Like

Happy Days :blush:

Hey guys, I’m trying to get this to work but not getting any data.

I’ve added the binary_parser to the npm_packages in my config and imported the flow to Node Red. But none of the sensors are getting data and nothing is showing up in the debug window. Feel like I’m missing something simple. Any ideas?

Have you restarted node red in HA?

Yes. Multiple times. I do get a message on the udp node that says “Ports already in use: 18542”

Ive got that and still works so you can rule that out.

If you place a debug node on the udp listener like this are you getting any messages in the debug window?

Nothing in the debug window

Is the Pi running HA/node red on the same SSID network as the batrium?

I appreciate the help. Yes they are on the same network, not sure why the data isn’t being passed to Node Red. I can see the UDP data with a network debugger app on my iPhone. I feel like I’m missing a configuration step somewhere in Node Red.

No worries.

This is what my config looks like:

maybe a sytax/ spacing issue?

Here’s mine… I don’t see any issues?

I have this in my log…

hmmm. that is odd.

This is a bit of a stab in the dark. not sure on your set up but you could try power cycling your batrium and maybe the binary parser will initialize with it… maybe. Not seen this fault before.

Obviously if you do this and have a shunt trip I would disconnect one of the wires to it as power cycling the batrium will trigger a critical trip if you have a shunt trip connected to your main dc breaker. Then reconnect it after the batrium is back online.

otherwise im at a bit of a loss.

Well I think I got it working. Completely removed my old Node-Red add on, deleted the node red folder in my configuration folder and started from scratch and just like that… it worked! Clear as mud.

haha. sometimes its like that. Glad you got it working in the end :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK I have no idea what I am doing. Can someone give some assistance?? Where do you put the config part at? User name and pass word for what? Forgive me but this is all new to me.

No worries. Install node red. Go to Supervisor. Then click nodered…configuration…then you’ll see options. Put the config in there and restart.

Thanks for the reply. Here is what the set up file looks like below. I am still not sure what username and password to put in. Is this logging into the batrium?

certfile: fullchain.pem
credential_secret: noderedhippo
http_node:
password: ‘’
username: ‘’
http_static:
password: ‘’
username: ‘’
init_commands: []
keyfile: privkey.pem
npm_packages: []
ssl: true
system_packages: []
theme: default

No. Any password will do.

You could put the file of your flow to be able to implement it in the rpi. I am new to Node-red. Greetings and thank you very much

File of the flow was posted to Frank on Oct31. See above.