Battery usage

As background data usage?

it takes about 5 min for the frontend to close the connection so if you have cameras on the home screen those can add up.

I have all sensors disabled. Something is seriously broken. App version 2.5.0-full running on Android 9.

Remove camera live view cards until the bug is fixed.

My data usage doesnā€™t seem abnormally high, but will try disabling the camera views.

it could be low but since the connection isnt being dropped its causing issues unfortunately :frowning:

On my wifeā€™s phone with Android 6, I noticed much more consumption than my Android 9. With only location sensors turned on (no live view from cameras). It seems to connect to GPS too often despite the phone being at home all the time. Is there any way to do this? Battery consumption is up to 40% throughout the day

This is fixed in the latest beta

What is the version of that beta? Iā€™m on 3.0.2 (not beta) and Iā€™m having huge amounts of background traffic usage and hight battery drain.

Thatā€™s a separate issue related to live view picture entity cards, there is no current fix for that.

Thatā€™s a shame. Iā€™ve already missed my morning alarm clock once because HA drained the phoneā€™s battery.

By the way, do you know if thereā€™s an github issue open for that already?

yup mentioned it earlier in this thread, you may want to consider moving your live view cameras off the home dashboard or disable live view until the issue is resolved. personally i dont use live view cards and if i view camera i make sure to close the pop-up before putting the app in the background.

1 Like

Thank you! Iā€™ll try your suggestion.

Wowā€¦I sure wish Iā€™d seen this earlier on.
Just got a data usage warning on my phoneā€¦
44.5 GB since November 23rd!!!
Was thinking my battery life was not doing well. Now I know why.