Bayesian rename

Hi,
as mentioned on some forums and confirmed by my own experience, Bayesian is very powerful and useful integration. But, please, consider renaming it to more descriptive name, like f.e. “Probability”. With full respect to Mr. Bayes and his theorems, a lot of people asking me how to implement something like probability or kind of “AI” to HA while they are totally overlooking Bayesian as it is telling nothing to them.
Thanks

When I search for “home assistant probability” doing a google search, the first result I receive is Bayesian - Home Assistant.

When I search for “home assistant AI” or “home assistant machine learning” doing a google search, I receive the same results for both searches but different from the “home assistant probability” results. This is what I would expect, since “probability” and “AI” may be related but different.

I feel this is more a user education issue than a naming issue.

Mark, I understand, but I see this also from end user perspective. I’m big fan and “ambasador” of HA using Bayesian widely as a “soft computing” entity in HA.
If the sensor would have different name, Google search would catch that name, so this is not relevant IMHO.
F.e. in @HarvsG 's article here: The Future of the Bayesian Integration - Thoughts wanted is the uncommon name also mentioned as potential problem.
Merry Christmas.

Why not “Bayesian Probability” or “Probability - Bayesian”. It is a little weird just calling it “Bayesian” anyway because that word is an adjective.

Or else another strategy, that may be more user-friendly, would be to name it after what it achieves rather than how it achieves it. Particularly if it becomes a helper. Something like “composite sensor” or “probabilistic sensor”…

I think it will be important to include the word Bayesian, if not in the title, at least early in the description as most people who are familiar with working with probabilities would expect other statistical/frequentist probability methods. Bayesian stats is a relatively up-and-coming field.

If, and only if, we come up with a well thought-out and good proposal we can then propose it on GitHub - home-assistant/architecture: Repo to discuss Home Assistant architecture - it would probably be best to do it at the same time as proposing it as a new helper.