BBQ / Meat temperature wifi probe with ESPHome and Home Assistant

oh my, that is expensive.

I have made progress with the basic cheap meat probes.

The key is calibrating. Most instructions call for 32 degrees and 212. What I did was 3 calibrations at 140, 165, and 195 using my sou vide water heater. Then I used a resistor at the 165 reading.

You have to calibrate each probe. Even duplicates from the same vendor vary some, and obviously if you use a different version you will get invalid readings using the other numbers.

That said readings are “off” at low temps, but you do not eat meat at 110 LOL (well I don’t)

A regular more affordable K type can be used for pit temp.

I even made a pcb that has a place for the acdc, up to 3 resistors to match the vale I needed for the probe, capacitors, and two probe connectors. I used jumper wires from my esp32 to the board.