Bentel KYO32 Alarm System Integration

HI folks,

I tested the program today; I have a silly question: do I have to exit from the Bentel program to see the info? I’m asking because I entered the Bentel program mode to remove the cover

I tried to switch the RX/TX but I see all the time this message:

[18:12:52][V][mdns:086]:   Services:
[18:12:52][V][mdns:088]:   - _esphomelib, _tcp, 6053
[18:12:52][V][mdns:090]:     TXT: version = 2022.1.1
[18:12:52][V][mdns:090]:     TXT: mac = 083af2ac0948
[18:12:52][V][mdns:090]:     TXT: platform = ESP32
[18:12:52][V][mdns:090]:     TXT: board = esp32dev
[18:12:53][V][component:199]: Component <unknown> took a long time for an operation (0.11 s).
[18:12:53][V][component:200]: Components should block for at most 20-30ms.
[18:12:53][V][component:199]: Component <unknown> took a long time for an operation (0.11 s).
[18:12:53][V][component:200]: Components should block for at most 20-30ms.
[18:12:54][V][component:199]: Component <unknown> took a long time for an operation (0.11 s).
[18:12:54][V][component:200]: Components should block for at most 20-30ms.
[18:12:54][V][component:199]: Component <unknown> took a long time for an operation (0.11 s).
[18:12:54][V][component:200]: Components should block for at most 20-30ms.
[18:12:55][V][component:199]: Component <unknown> took a long time for an operation (0.11 s).

Hello, yes, I’ve to add it in FAQ :slight_smile:
The central doesn’t reply to serial request if it’s in programming mode.
You can disable cover tamper by setting the jumper next to the lid sensor (check the manual).

Roger.
please keep me honest, the RX/TX should be like that:

ESP RX → TX MAX3232
ESP TX → RX MAX3232

correct?

If with “232” you mean MAX3232, connection should be straight, TX-TX / RX-RX.
In any case, as recommended in the FAQ, at worst reverse the two pins.
As I said before I have never tried it with ESP32, that’s why I would have advised you to make a connection test right away before losing time with the configuration :wink:

Hi,
It works
I’m able to read the status of zones and area, now I must study a little bit to “reverse” the configuration; because the “nice” guy that configured the system didn’t give me good details. He also used 4 extenders, so the config isn’t clear
for now, I mapped all of them, when I understand the association between the different zone and the physical objects, I will clean up the unused zones/areas

Regards

1 Like

Great! :wink:
From the keypad you can, with some difficulty, see the numbers of the zones and the configuration.

Hi Luca,

First of all, thanks for your great work!

I am trying to have your integration to work with a KYO320 alarm (not 32G).

I managed to flash my NodeMCU with the espkyogate_configuration.yaml properly configured and I get the integration up and running in HA.
I connected the NodeMCU to the alarm control unit with a MAX232 adapter, and the configuration is:

• NodeMCU TX → MAX232 TX
  • NodeMCU RX → MAX232 RX

As I was unfortunately expecting, my KYO320 unit cannot apparently be controlled by this integration.

I would be happy to try and modify your code to have it working with the KYO320, but I have no idea where to start. Do you have any suggestions?
I only have the installation manual for the KYO320, but no accesso to the “Bentel Security Suite” software…

Thanks
Marco

Thanks Marco, but @lorenzo-deluca did the work :grimacing:.

2 Likes

Hello @mrcsrplln :wink:
Yes, I know that KYO320 has a slightly different protocol to KYO32.
Since it is not documented (thanks Bentel) I have to do some reverse engineering.
In the meantime you can try to enable serial logs.

service: esphome.espkyogate_debug_command
data:
  serial_trace: 1
  log_trace: 1

Send me the result, I’ll try to study it (no guarantee on timing) … :wink:

Hi Lorenzo,
Thanks, I’ll give that a try and let you know!
Cheers

You’re right, thanks for pointing that out!

@lorenzo-deluca , how did you manage to place all the components (esp, RS232 and 12V to USB)?
The only convenient location I can see is in the left-down corner between the box edge and the battery

I’m thinking to place the RS232 next to the ESP and the 12VtoUSB on the side

or try to put everything on top of each other’s

Any suggestions?

Hi, I have a standard plastic box for my kyo and I connected the DC/DC converter to the aux power connectors of the kyo board (13.8 V), so that in case of mains problems, the esp8266 is powered by the alarm battery (you need to have your AP/modem connected to a UPC). The esp8266 (wemos d1 mini) and the max3232 board are inside a small plastic box. Since the box is too small to arrange the two PCBs at the bottom i used the spacer of the box to screw the max3232 to the bottom (M2.5 screws), and used some plastic spacers and M2 screws to mount the wemod d1 mini to the cover, so than when the box is closed the two PCBs are partially overlapped. This is my list of materials:

This is the opened box:

And this is the closed box where you can see the screws of the wemos d1 mini on the cover:

UPDATE:
If not clear, the DC/DC converter is inside the plastic box of my alarm, positioned next to the power supply, but outside the small box of the esp8266 + max3232 which is positioned on the opposite side.

Hi,

today I was able to finally manage to set up the HW to place the ESP inside the box
There is something weird about the logs, because I started to receive this message, any ideas?

[16:37::23][V][api.connection:808]: Hello from client: 'Home Assistant 2022.2.9 (::FFFF:C0A8:10A)'
[16:37:23][D][api.connection:826]: Home Assistant 2022.2.9 (::FFFF:C0A8:10A): Connected successfully
[16:37:23][V][component:199]: Component <unknown> took a long time for an operation (0.11 s).
[16:37:23][V][component:200]: Components should block for at most 20-30ms.
[16:37:24][V][component:199]: Component <unknown> took a long time for an operation (0.11 s).
[16:37:24][V][component:200]: Components should block for at most 20-30ms.
[16:37:24][V][api.connection:892]: Cannot send message because of TCP buffer space
[16:37:24][V][api.connection:892]: Cannot send message because of TCP buffer space

@lorenzo-deluca,

are you sure about the documentation?

I have exactly the opposite behavior with the specific_area parameter

0 arm <area_number> and disarm others 

1 arm only <area_number> without changing the others
0 disarm all areas

1 disarm only <area_number> without changing the others - it doesn't work

This is very interesting project. I have amc alarm with x824 board. It is Italian alarm system like Bentel. I connected alarm and all sensors, expansions, uniqa and outdoor siren myself. It is wired alarm system similar to this one. I have sim and lan board on alarm so I can control it over sms, phone call or over app. I have a small vontes router connected to lan port and I can control it with amc android app as it is connected to amc cloud.
I cant integrate this alarm system into home assistant.
My alarm board does have com to usb port and this port is intended for alarm setup over comp. Alarm can also be configured remotely but you have to use cloud and cloud communication is encrypted.
What you did was basically connected esp board on it and you can control your alarm system over esp board.
I know you dont have amc alarm but can this firmware be used on similar alarm systems or this is written to be used exclusively on Bentel board?

Hi, unfortunately this implementation is brand and model specific. I made a quick check and it seems that several AMS models implement the SIA DC-09 open protocol (maybe you have to enable it on the alarm). SIA protocol is supported by this integration in home assistant:

Yes, this alarm support SIA DC 09 protocol. I tried to set it up when I started with home assistant, but no luck.
There is a amc forum but people there are, how to say this politely, acting strange. Oke, I will try again to set things using SIA protocol. But if I dont succeed, I will ask for help or guidance on this thread. :wink:

This is options I have in amc dbe explorer

For ip address i used home assistant ip and for port I set 1010 and uploaded config in alarm panel. in home assistant sia integration i used the same port and I used my admin account translated in hex but alarm is disconnected and devices are unavailable.
I dont have any errors in logs for sia integration.

I can’t be of any help here, sorry. Never configured SIA protocol. I would suggest to open a specific topic in configuration section.