Best door sensors as of April 2019?

thanks for confirming,

what i wonder though why the discrepancy between my measurement of the TX current, I have to check again. though or on another current, you were seeing on your scope < 30 mA i was seeing on my multimeter 200 mA.

This is the general rule for adding anything. Never touch that zwave stick button, it only causes problems. Though I just use add node rather than add node secure…

I always thought the tamper detection of these things to be mostly useless. You don’t place window and door sensors outside of your home. So to physically access them requires one to be inside the property. At this point, the alarm should have already detected an intrusion. And I don’t know about you, but almost all my door and window sensors are at really hard to reach locations, squeezed in somewhere between the door and the frame. They’re already a PITA to open when they need a battery change, so I don’t really see a burglar trying to tamper with them for like 15 minutes, while being detected by every PIR sensor a mile around.

1 Like