Best hybrid invertor for solar/battery system

I am looking at a solar installation with battery system and want to ensure compatibility with HA.
What works well (locally if possible) and reliably?
I’ve been recommended a Growatt based sph5000.
I am in the UK if that has any relevance.

A couple of weeks ago I went through the research myself and ended up with the Huawei SUN2000 inverter series. The inverter offers everything I needed for a low price tag. I was sold on the fact, that you don’t need to give it internet connectivity. Home Assistant will communicate with it locally via Modbus. See all details here: GitHub - wlcrs/huawei_solar: Home Assistant integration for Huawei Solar inverters via Modbus

An alternative you could look at is the Sungrow SH series. Also well supported with HA: GitHub - mkaiser/Sungrow-SHx-Inverter-Modbus-Home-Assistant: Sungrow SH Integration for Home Assistant for SH3.6RS, SH4.6RS, SH5.0RS, SH5.0RT, SH6.0RS, SH8.0RT, SH6.0RT, SH10RT

1 Like

I wouldn’t know but the growatt you mentiones has some wierd specs
Input: 8000 Wp | Output : 5000 Watt
that’s a massive power loss in my opinion
also it has only 1 fase,
so most housed(in NL) have 16 amp fuses, which probably won’t work. New houses have 25 amp fuses so that would work. you need 22amp fuses at least according to the specs.

That isn’t powerloss so to speak but it’s to allow you to oversize the PV array for Winter or to split over an east/west direction.

@icornish72 If you want local control have a look at Universal Solar Inverter over Modbus RS485 / TCP custom_component (Growatt, Sofar, SolaX, Solis) I have a number of different brands supported over Modbus.