Best Media Dashboard

Good Afternoon everyone,

I have been researching what is the best way to get Spotify on my home assistant dashboard while also having the ability to search for songs and scroll through playlists etc.,

I’m not really finding anything that has all these options,

Any Ideas?

Do you mean you want to see your Spotify browser tab? If so IFrame

Running Spotify isn’t working for me in an iFrame. I assumed their site didn’t allow it. Are you able to?

Let me check tomorrow. Alternative would be LMS (Logitech Media player) with Spotty add on to access your account (premium only). That can work in iFRrame but only over local http access. There is a thread in this community on running Spotify and local players but I am not sure it is the full browser experience)

That would be fantastic. Thank you. Also some images would be great as well. Im not evan sure what Iframe is. Been reasearching it but coming up null

Have you looked at music assistant? It’s available as an integration in HACS.

I have music assistant yet. But im talking more about the front end experiance. I want it to look good. Be easy to navigate and easily search for songs on the front end.

FYI new music assistant version due in a couple of weeks which will have a new front end. Don’t know if it will meet your needs but keep an eye out for it.

1 Like

Music assistant sounds like worth visiting

Also take a look:

I run a whole separate music eco system on LMS and have integrated front end into HA (but it is on a seperate RPi). LMS has Spotify Tidal Youtube Soundcloud and 70k music library; the native Spotify app tends to be best for browsing. LMS is best for pulling it all together and streaming to an array of different players/ speakers.

I also have LMS (squeezelite etc) players show up in HA via the LMS integration which allows me to see when the player is playing or paused and then turn on say an amp by way of an automation

The card if you look for it is called Webpage or the YAML code refers to as iframe. Search on iframe on the forum and there quite a few references to it. No surprise but Spotify and Tidal didn’t work. There are also tutorials on how to integrate LMS into HA via iframe. As a comparison of LMS spotify and Spotify page.