Best professional wireless Alarm system choice for Hass.io (Europe/France)

Automations are more reliable than humans… If the case stacks up where you can quatify your risk/reward and include redundancy, I don’t see why you wouldn’t go with the discounted premiums.

Your statement regarding making your insurer aware of the various premium reducing tehnologies basically invalidates the entire IoT industry from an insurers point of view.

Insurers are, for the most part, the middle men with policies underritten by a much larger financial institution. Anything that they can do to cut their costs, which in turn cuts your costs and therefore widens their market through lower prices is obviouslly something that they are pushing for and for all intense purposes are one of the biggest drivers for IoT services. (look at what car insurers are doing with regards to driving behaviour)

Do you tell your car insurer that you have an approved car alarm (That you have to manually enable)?

I wouldn’t tell them that I had one, no.
Insurers are generally looking to make the most money, which unfortunately means they employ people to find reasons not to pay you out.

each to their own…

I got a discount of 2.5% from having a professionally monitored and maintained alarm installed. I later tried to change it to home installed and got a 25% increase ! I totally agree. , don’t tell them.

2 Likes

For Paradox you can use PAI. https://github.com/ParadoxAlarmInterface/pai
EVO/SP/MG are supported. Has hassio plugin. Via IP150 or serial.

For Paradox, that’s at least 4 different existing components :

I don’t know if it’s good point or not … ! :slight_smile:

All three connection methods you mentioned are supported in the last link.

I like this one as it is based on arduino. So cheap and reliable, based on my experience.
Following your thread, I have had a look at the options. To me, for the best of both worlds (good alarm system and good integration with HA), it seems that Paradox has the lead.
Do you agree?
In particular the MG6250 looks good!
GV (French too :slight_smile: )

I went with the Visonic and I have to admit I have mixed feelings about it.

Support from the HA component author is really friendly and excellent. But it is still needing a bit of debugging.
However the Visonic interface is quite old and not that user-friendly.

Visonic Powemax panels are quite old but well supported by HA, but it is still more or less beta for Powermaster panels (not sure if we can reliably get sensor value in real time when the panel is not armed).
It is quite easy and cheap to find Visonic components in Europe (Powermax components are not locked to a country, Powermaster components are locked per country).

Paradox ? Visonic ? Other ?

Still not decided… :confused:

Hey, I’m also in your position, currently I’m looking at the Honeywell Galaxy 48 as I want a good quality UK compliant panel, and then I may just use Konnected’s interface panel to get the events to HA.

I wish there was a better option but trust me there isn’t :frowning:

If you come across something quickly let me know, but I personally want this bought asap as i waited over 6 months for Konnected’s new standalone v2 panel

Using Konnected with a Honeywell Galaxy alarm panel, you get all events in HA ? including all individual sensor status ? Event when the alarm is not armed ?

Stil undecided. I should take time to read the whole threads on Visonic and Paradox integration in HA. Will try to take a few hours for this ! :slight_smile:

Conversely I am moving from Galaxy 64 ! Why did you discount Texecom ?
Is it because of lack of finalised integration in HA?

Some Konnected solutions can impact (defeat) the tamper protection on sensor loops, that can take it out of the ‘professional’ category or insurance acceptable.

Hello
I am new here and I would like to introduce myself in this matter but first I need to update my powermaster pm10 and powermaster pm360r control panels to the latest version of the Spanish firmware.
Can you help me? Sorry if I made a mistake in the rules. Thanks

Hi, I’ve been working on a new Virtual RIO module for the larger Galaxy Dimension and Flex panels. The module will be available via SelfMon.

The module sits on the RS485 bus and virtualises a number of devices. This means that there’s no need to attempt wiring into the existing zones, or have to connect multiple RIO’s to scrape the RS485 bus. You simply plug the module into the bus, connect to Ethernet, program links from the existing zones to virtual RIO outputs and they appear as MQTT outputs / inputs to communicate with HA.

There’s also keypad control and more. With MQTT, there’s even the possibility of reading the RF portal data, then relaying this into HA. This means that you can use RF devices without even assigning them in the panel.

The part that I’ve not completed yet is the configuration in a few HA applications. I would like to target Home Assistant first though. I’m keen to see if there’s anyone interested in this. I’ve seen another post on here where it looks like someone is scraping the RS485 bus and gaining keypad via RS232. It may be possible to leverage the interface he has created.

1 Like

Hello Guys !

My house construction had some delay. I’ve juste moved in a few weeks ago and I’m still decided about the alarm system to choose.

Do you know if there is any new brand/model that I would need to consider according to my needs ?

Which alarm system do you use that is fully integrated to Home Assistant ? :slight_smile:

Thanks,
David

It has to be a galaxy, galaxyguy has some prototype boards coming very very soon, that interface into home assistant so real time displays of open doors and movement detectors can be seen and used as triggers for HA. Its a great alarm system without the integration module hes making, I should know, Ive been fitting them since they first came out over 25 years ago

Why not… looks promising, but I’d prefer an existing and reliable solution used by a large community.
That’s why Visonic and Paradox are the last ones on my short-list.

However, I also consider alternatives like Ajax which currently does not provide any option to get individual sensor status in Home Assistant. It’s recent, very promising, not too expensive and has many positive reviews.

Ok, decision made ! :slight_smile:

It will be Paradox, an EVO HD.
Just trying to figure which integration would be the best and most reliable.

1 Like

I’m also studying the best alarm option for my house. If you go with Paradox, you have so many options for interfacing it with HA that it’s not so easy to choose the best one. AFAIK, none of them are available as standard HA component available on https://github.com/home-assistant/core/tree/dev/homeassistant/components.

It seems to me that the best is the PAI project:

It will allow you to connect directly to the serial port of the EVO board. No need for PRT3 nor IP150 !
If someone has experience with PAI using the direct serial connexion, please share it here !