Best Smart Lock that reports manual locking/unlocking and STRONGLY preferablly Zigbee since Z-Wave has been an absolute NIGHTMARE

I’m aware you prefer a Zigby lock over a Z-Wave one. I’ll share my experience with two Z-Wave Danalock V3 locks connected to a UZB stick, and Z-Wave JS.

I got around pairing by having the lock closer to the UZB stick. Even though I have 38 z-wave devices (mostly relay and dimmer modules) around the house, I couldn’t initially pair it from the intended location.

My family and myself (4 users) all use Home Assistant to lock/unlock the doors only, so basically you won’t need Bluetooth. I disabled it in the device configuration page, which also saves battery life. I enable it if I need to update or recalibrate the locks only.

Both locks have been working flawlessly, and report the status accurately.

Is there anyone using Zigbee2MQTT and a Kwikset/Weiser touchscreen lock?
according to the wiki on Z2M it does not have the ability to program pin codes
can anyone confirm if this is correct or just an oversight
I want to get this lock, but not interested in manually programming the pin codes
I will just get another Schlage if thats the case

Just to chime in here that there are Kwikset locks that are supported in Z2M where you can set the pincodes. If that specific model isn’t setup right I just helped to get another model working that didn’t have the pincodes support setup.

Please note that Zigbee is vulnerable to replay attacks. Attackers might be able to replay your unlocking requests and unlock the door without your consent.

I thought that timestamp scheme mitigates replay attacks?