Best way to combine two devices to one logical light?

Hello Community,
after some years of learning home automation with homematic, expanded with lot of zigbee and other devices and integration with node red, for many reasons, i devided to switch to HA yellow. I try to understand the concept with templates, helpers, devices…

For the lights, i have a special setup:
- a zigbee wall switch, that switches the 230V (can be used with non smart bulbs)
- smart zigbee led lights from ikea or other brands
All is routed over an external zigbee2mqtt server, so i integrate them with mqtt- autodiscovery .

The advantage is, that even if my smart servers break down, i can switch the light on and off
The problem ist that the smart ikea-lamps cannot interact with zigbee, if they have no power.

In the dashboard, i now have two devices. one for the wall-switch and one for the lamp (which doesnt allow control, if they are switches-off).

My dream is to build a virtual lamp that can be switched on and off. these actions should to to the wall switch. The commands for brightness and temperature should go to the lamps, if they have power.

I tried a bit, but i think, there are several ways to implment this in HA, so i ask for a guidance which one i should go…

Matthias

Take a look at the helper feature.

You can convert a switch to a light and you can group devices as a single entity. Where you may run into issue is brightness, color features and temps differ among devices.

There are plenty ways to separate the control to individual devices in a group using different lovelace/HACS commands.

Thank you for the reply. This could work for me. One problem could be that i have a two-Channel Switch in the wall and the whole switch is handled as one single device. Therefore, i cannot combine the switch with one single light
But: i will see what is possible with these helpers. Thanks.