Best Way To Troubleshoot Conbee2/Zigbee

I have about 53 devices on my Zigbee network and lately some lights even brand new crees, start to fall off, and I have to re-pair them. Really affects my SAF SLA when I’m on chairs turning lights/on off. The vast majority are mains powered so I have a pretty robust mesh going.

In your experience is the issue that my Conbee2 is getting saturated or am I getting defective bulbs?

What would be my troubleshooting steps?

EDIT: I was reading it may not be my stick, but perhaps my lights and plugs may be hitting their upper level for the mesh themselves. It was mentioned a possible solution to have multiple coordinators but ZHA allows for only one instance.

Suggest that you try to follow all the tips in that linked guide thread to rule out interference regardless of which Zigbee Coordinator used, but as you noted it might be time to buy a newer Zigbee Coordinator adapter.

Know that if you are using ZHA then it is really easy to migrate to a new radio adapter as long as you first upgrade the ConBee firmware.

Note that newer Zigbee Coordinator adapters work fine with around 200 devices so that is another reason to migrate.

ZHA just support only one instance. If you want to have multiple Zigbee Coordinator adapters then you need to run two Zigbee gateway applications with each of them having their own separate Zigbee Network. Meaning that you can run one instance of the ZHA integration + one instance of the Zigbee2MQTT add-on, or alternatively one instance of the Zigbee2MQTT add-on + how many stand-alone instances of Zigbee2MQTT as you want to run externally as can connect endless via MQTT (though all are still running completely seperate)

1 Like

Thanks, I updated the firmware just now to the latest 2022 release. I started a reddit thread a week or so ago about the conbee vs sonoff and to my surprise the sonoff won in a landslide.

The system would be stable post radio migration?

It should be but there are always exceptions. Save a backup so you can revert if needed, see:

https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/zha#zigbee-backup-and-restore-in-zha

And

https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/zha#migrating-to-a-new-zigbee-coordinator-adapter-inside-zha