Best Z-Wave dongle for Raspberry Pi 4

Not Really. Maybe RF range but if you have a decent mesh, it shouldn’t matter.

hello, looks like aeotec has updated there gen 5 stick to work with rpi4.

Has anyone tried this new stick yet?

If it was mentioned in here I missed it, but I’ve been super happy with my zooz stick. As with everything I own made by zooz, the price was right, it functions as expected, and the customer support is great.

I am using the zwave.me USB stick. Gets frequent SDK updates and directly supported.

UZB - Z-Wave.me

I ordered Z-Stick Gen5 from popp.to. Bought EU version. It works fine out of box on a RPi4B.

The new stick works fine in a Rpi4…the older stick just requires a USB 2 (not 3) hub…unpowered is fine. There is no reason to sell your old stick and buy the new one…

https://www.amazon.com/Vogek-Worlds-Smallest-4-Port-Thumb/dp/B07P1FFLP1/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=usb+2+hub&qid=1601063442&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011&rnid=2470954011&rps=1&sr=8-5

Is it possible to use the backup functionality of the Aeotech Gen 5 before 2020 to transfer the configuration of the old stick to the Aeotech Gen 5 2020 (Raspi 4 compatible) without loss. I don’t want to newly pair 80 devices (partly in-wall).

Yes it is. I’ve done this: backed up an older Aeotec Gen 5 Z-Stick and restored it to a new Aeotec Gen 5 Plus Z-Stick, using the software here.

And here is a step-by-step guide:

1 Like

Thank you so much for this! the “U” is designating north american frequencies right?

I suppose yes. The details are in the description though.