Best Zigbee presence sensor in 2023

Sonoff released their new mmWave presence sensor in October. Have just ordered but seems like the cheapest mmWave solution atm Sonoff Presence Sensor (SNZB-06P) is not what you think - NotEnoughTech

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006174074799.html

this is 24G mmwave presence sensor ,which run on battery.and it has illmuminance sensor.

Hello I have just received 2 of these, they they take 10 minutes to stop detected when placed in a drawer

In the Tuya app they clear within 30 secs

Iā€™m using ZHA with x86 any ideas on how to reduce the rest time when they stop detecting

Thanks

I guess you are responding to the post above youā€¦
If so, this device is a mmwave + PIR sensor.
mmwave goes through solid materials, donā€™t know the details, so maybe thatā€™s what you experience.

Hello thanks for the reply, could be that although I did place the sensor in the same draw with HA (10mins ish) and then again with the Tuya app (30secs)

Iā€™ll try some more tests and I think Iā€™m going to install Zigbee2MQTT alongside my ZHA network and see if it works any better

Thanks

What do you mean by that?

With ā€˜going through solid materialsā€™ I meant that even in a drawer, the sensor can detect your presence, PIR does not.
Be aware that you cannot use 1 coordinator with 2 different zigbee integrations.

Do you have many zigbee devices and is your mesh not stable?
By switching to another integration:

• you have to pair every zigbee device again, and depending on your approach, configure everything that is related to those devices, again
  • you might get some extra entities, thatā€™s it

Also, be aware what the difference in wave detection and IR can do.
The thing with these mmwave sensors is: they are fairly new and different companies come with their version, some better then other.
Make sure that you understand itā€™s functionality right and optionally, search for experiences with the same device.

EDIT: also, if you have not done it yet, have a look at Zigbee networks: how to guide for avoiding interference + optimizing using Zigbee Router devices (repeaters/extenders) to get best possible range and coverage

1 Like

Sorry what I meant was

When attached to the Tuya App and I put it in the drawer it resets after 30 secs like it should

When I disconnect from Tuya app and put it straight into HA and in the same drawer it does not reset for 10\20\30 minutes

so it cant be picking up anything when its in the drawer

Thanks