Home Assistant Community

[BETA] HA Client - native Android client for Home Assistant

android
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f374ee68a98>

Done!

1 Like

Hi, I see in github a folder named IOS, means you are working on a IOS version?

0 Likes

You are right.

0 Likes

I need a small group of testers to register in Internal Testing Group for early releases testing. Responsibilities:

• After each update, clear app data completely
  • Perform quick test of all functionality
  • Perform deep testing of new functionality according to release notes
  • Report issues if found
  • Do all this in 2-3 days after app update
    You can ask to join at HA Client Discord server
0 Likes

Hi, is there any plan that this app will support notification? Like iOS app?

0 Likes

I will do it

0 Likes

Notifications is coming in next release - 0.6.0

3 Likes

Love this app so far. As most people have said it’s very clean and simple. Any plans to introduce location tracking? Yet to find a decent app for this on Android.

0 Likes

Have you tried Life360? I’ve been using it for over a year and it has done quite well tracking my entire family. There’s a custom component for it here: https://github.com/pnbruckner/homeassistant-config

1 Like

Location tracking is coming somewhere in 0.7.0 I think thanks to new HA component “Mobile app”.

4 Likes

Thanks. What’s the battery drain like?

1 Like

amazingly low. I have a Pixel XL and notice no difference between running Life360 and not.

1 Like

Thanks for your work. It is such a quick and simple application that gives a chance to use HA to any people unfamiliar with programming and complex technology.

2 Likes

I use gpslogger on all household android phones. Gpslogger reports back to HA via a webhook and gpslogger also logs to an OpenGTS server. I never have to worry about the app mysteriously stopping or battery drain on these Galaxy S7s. Been running for many months with no interruption.

1 Like

@PlayedIn could you please point to the app in PlayStore? There are a lot of them with the same name… Thanks.

0 Likes

0 Likes

Hi all. HA Client was removed from Google Play by Google due to some violation. I’ll try to fix this, but don’t know when.

0 Likes

Very annoying. But this application can be downloaded from where else?

0 Likes

Latest stable version is here: https://github.com/estevez-dev/ha_client/releases/tag/0.5.0

0 Likes

The app is back to Google Play

5 Likes