Xiaomi Gateway Integration

I read on this page (well google translated version) that newest version of API supports now the gateway sensor and gateway audio:

https://lunarok-domotique.com/2017/03/mi-smart-gateway-domotique-jeedom/

Translated: “But it has caught up well: we have the sounds of the gateway and the brightness sensor as a bonus.”

1 Like

I’ve tested it and I think this works! I was having my sensors permanently in “motion” and “open” state after a power cut and this fixed it!

I also saw that domoticz has implementation for the Xiaomi hub and I don’t see anyone there complaining about ghost openings. I think what they are doing is to rely only on the broadcast without polling (i.e. cmd: “read”) the gateway.

I also reported this API bug to Xiaomi but the response I got was that they can’t understand the issue :slight_smile: I think any bug reports should be submitted in chinese to get this up the chain and this API bug resolved.

How did you fix the problem with the constantly working sensor?

The smoke and gas alarms are available for pre-order @ gearbest.

Currently smoke is £32 ($40)
http://www.gearbest.com/alarm-systems/pp_615081.html

And Gas is £40 (~$50)
http://www.gearbest.com/alarm-systems/pp_615080.html?wid=21

I’ve not yet tried @Danielhiversen code, but when my sensors went ghost mode, sending a “read” command would return with a “motion” message, so I don’t think that would fix the issue, but I may be wrong.

Relying only on the broadcast could indeed be a way around the issue. We could ignore the heartbeats which are the main issue here. But that would make it easier to miss states I guess.

Did you unplug and replug the gateway, thats the easiest way to test it? I had always ghost openings after this action. I have the eMail of the API developer, i wrote him in english but i didn’t get an answer yet. Next step is, that my chinese friend translates my issue and i hope i will get an answer.

I spoke too soon. After an hour of being in the off state, they changed to “on” again. :frowning:

Hey Daniel,

since i changed to your component, i can not use the gateway light anymore, according to the log the key is invalid.

[custom_components.xiaomi] Got error element in data {“error”:“Invalid key”}

When i use the official repo it works without issues.

Nice! I pre-ordered one. Will start looking into it once i received the smoke sensor

Good point. Ignoring heartbeat message seems like a good idea especially for door sensor. Motion sensor is a little tricky to implement.

Or make your own: Xiaomi Gateway Integration

That is a very useful technique.
Essentially we can make any zigbee enabled binary sensor for less than $10 :slight_smile:

I have one xiaomi gateway, but it can’t be discovered.
Do anyone know how can I fix this issue? Thanks in advance.
And I’ve turned off the 5G wifi.
Invalid Config:
The following components and platforms could not be set up:
xiaomi
Please check your config

Log:
The following errors have been logged this session:

17-03-21 12:27:49 ERROR (Thread-9) [homeassistant.components.switch.broadlink] Failed to connect to device.
17-03-21 12:27:57 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of sensor is taking over 10 seconds.
17-03-21 12:27:58 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of xiaomi is taking over 10 seconds.
17-03-21 12:28:03 ERROR (Thread-4) [custom_components.xiaomi] No gateway discovered
17-03-21 12:28:03 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for xiaomi: Component failed to initialize.

Configuartion.yaml:
xiaomi:
gateways:

• sid:
    key: 4B1F50C008CB4***

key has to be lowercase

hi @1337hium,
thanks, I change the configuration to:
xiaomi:
gateways:

• sid:
    key: 4b1f50c008cb4***

but it isn’t fixed.

Xiaomi Gateway sends no multicast packets

Hi everyone ,

I’m new here on this forum so I hope I post this issue at the right spot and I hope someone can help me with the following problem:

I have a Xiaomi Gateway installed.
the firmware version of the software is 1.3.1_140 and it is also connected to the several devices.

But i can’t connect to it.

When I inspect the network traffic with Wireshark I see only UDP traffic from 192.168.1.180 port 9966 to 255.255.255.255 port 8875

What I learned from people who have this working I should see UDP traffic from 192.168.1.180 port 4321 to 224.0.0.50 port 9898

I really hope someone can help me with this issue.

had the same issue @oliverR
The only thing that helped was to chose another Wifi Accesspoint :confused: (had to change Routers)

I can confirm its working well with a Ubiquiti Unifi AC access point coupled with a Edgerouter-X router.
The Unifi AP also works well with HA for presence detection.
I highly recommend these devices - might be a bit of a learning curve for some people to configure, but amazing value.

1 Like

@1337hium good idea! It works after I reset my router.
Thanks a lot!

Isn’t the motion sensor behaviour the same as the magnet sensor? It sends a “motion” message and a “no_motion” 1 minute after, right?