Xiaomi Gateway Integration

That means that your sid is wrong.

Hi experts,

A million thanks to @rave for doing this great integration with HASS. Need a little help here. Trying to figure out this xiaomi component for last couple of hour without any fruitful result so far. After messing with different options and installation/re-installation finally the component is not giving any system error (like syntax error in python or so) but notifying that it cant discover the hub.

2017-05-13 14:41:58 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Setup of platform cast is taking over 10 seconds.
2017-05-13 14:42:02 ERROR (Thread-7) [custom_components.xiaomi] No gateway discovered
2017-05-13 14:42:02 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for xiaomi: Component failed to initialize.

By the way, from my Android phone I can’t do anything from Mihome app so I tried on an iPhone to get the key and sid. And I am on HASS version 0.44.1 and firmware version 1.3.34. I saw in this thread people were talking about version 1.4 and above. But my app says, this is the latest version!

Anyone have any suggestion ?? How can I test from the raw python program if discovery is really working or not ?

Thanks

IP address, mac, is all correct?

Yep… anyway problem solved now with just changing the locale to mainland China in phone, resetting the device once more and now it seems can get through an upgrade. After that, no problem at all to integrate with home assistant!!!

But by the way, I saw in the entity id, it is also reporting the battery of the motion sensor which is great but it’s only 49% within two days!!! Is it normal?

First time I checked was at 51 after 1 month of usage (but I did not know how was the battery when bought). But after another month dropped like 2%

Thanks for the info. Could be because of the initial rush of experiments on a new toy specially when the instructions are written in Chinese :slight_smile: Let’s see how it goes…

@Danielhiversen. yes, that was the case. I had entered the sid in lowercase without “:” and it was complaining. Now i entered it uppercase with “:”, its all good now. Thanks!!

Hi I am having a problem where I have to power off and on my gateway every time I restart for config changes, if i don’t the HASS can’t find it. Anyone know a solution to this?

Has anyone who has installed the aqara wall switches had any issues with them dropping button presses? I know it’s not a range issue as my door/window sensors work 100% of the time and they are even further away.
Sometime when i press the wireless switch button it does nothing, the hass logs dont have any signal received and the Mi Home app doesnt register the signal either.
Any ideas?

Never had that problem personally.
Does the Xiaomi Mi Home app work all the time?
Make sure you’ve given it a static IP in your router?
Maybe can try a hard reset of the gateway and start from scratch?

I have the wired Aqara double switch, and never had any problems.
http://www.gearbest.com/alarm-systems/pp_610096.html

Never had a problem with the app dropping out, I was using it with OpenHAB for a month and had no problem. Just moved over to HASS to try it out see what I like best before my set up gets to big.

I could try a reset to night, not sure it would do much though.

Thanks

I granted the Gateway full internet access and added two iptables rules on the router

iptables -I FORWARD -m mac --mac-source AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF -d 42.62.0.0/16 -j DROP
iptables -I FORWARD -m mac --mac-source AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF -d 58.83.0.0/16 -j DROP

and the device does not connect to the Chinese servers, and ghost motion does not appear.

AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF is a MAC address of the Gateway.

1 Like

Hi. Notice a problem with the illumination sensor.

It seems that it is not updating constantly. When my ceiling lights are on the lm is 1290. When i switched it off, it drops to about 1190.

I repeatedly switch the gateway light on and off and i can see the value drops ever ytime i did that until it finally reaches 350.

The same goes from dark to bright. Any idea how do i fix this?

Actualy we can’t do nothing. illumination sensor located in the middle on the left side of gateway. It’s to sensative for light increasing. So i think Xiaomi implemented some code filter to reduce fluctuations and have delays with updating values. Our components only reads values that reported by gateway.

If I recall correctly from the Mi home app if you set the automation:
Gateway light turns on in dark
It says “This function requires an Occupancy Sensor”
Don’t know if they use it as a sort of path light, or compensate the reading with the motion sensor

This is super nice! Just got 2 quick questions

1. Why the hell this is not in HA already!?!?!
  2. Would it be possible to get support for the Xiaomi Vacuum cleaner (robot) would love that!

Thanks!

You can control the vacuum with https://github.com/rytilahti/python-mirobo

2 Likes

Too sensitive?
Have you tried to cover it with some transparent tape (eventually to be coloured

Apparently the Xiaomi mini plug (Wifi) works the same as the vacuum.

I don’t think anyone has managed to hack it yet.