Bizarre colour-bulb setting behaviour

I’m trying to reliably change the colour of a Lidl multi-colour Zigbee bulb. Here’s a video of what happens: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/863719873175093259/942915251282771968/Untitled.mp4
But in short, frequently when selecting a point in the colour wheel or temperature it will turn the light off instead.
Edit: I’ve also found it does the same through the Apple Home app on my iPhone. The UI is slightly different there, but it does the same thing about every second time.
It didn’t do this when using the Lidl own app, before I migrated over to using HA.

Welcome!

You do not mention what zigbee integration you are using. For MQTT bulbs that come thru my zigbee2mqtt route I have found that you have to carefully check that the ‘state_topic’, ‘rgb_state_topics’ are properly specified. Your video reminds me of the behavior I’ve seen when I have one of these incorrectly specified. I’m not sure what route your bulb control goes thru to make it controllable in HomeKit, but that does add a twist to your problem. Is there a firmware upgrade available for the bulb, it may have some firmware control issues. Good hunting!

1 Like

You already found my post and fix, but just for reference for other visitors: LIDL Light State goes off when changing brightness - general issue? - #2 by le_top .

1 Like