BLE custom component

That’s it!

That’s correct. I’m hoping this is something that will update over time so it can be associated with a Person on HA

I also use them to monitor miflora plant sensors

1 Like

Mhh, that is a bummer as I use persons. I found this but did not check in detail.

I had looked at that but I didn’t get around to testing it. It is a bit annoying but I don’t see much of a difference in using it a binary sensor. I just group all binary sensors under a group for me and that will trigger all automations

This problem resolved for me.
My fork for bluetooth le tracker. Works with Rp4

Before I have this error

custom_components.ble_track.device_tracker: BLEError during Bluetooth LE scan: Unexpected error when scanning: Set scan parameters failed: I/O error
  - platform: ble_track
    track_new_devices: true
    device_id: hci0
    scan_duration: 20
    interval_seconds: 12

PS. Many thanks rodrig.toni for idea

1 Like

Hi all,

i try to find a solution to follow up Gigaset Keeper beacon. i try to use this script device_tracker.py in custom_components\ble_track and i put

- platform: ble_track
    track_new_devices: true
    interval_seconds: 15

in configuration.yaml
HA reports me that “Platform error device_tracker.ble_track - Integration ‘ble_track’ not found”
Could you provide me tip to solve this issue ?
Thanks
Lolo

that didn’t solve my problem still have the same error as you

Logger: custom_components.ble_track.device_tracker
Source: custom_components/ble_track/device_tracker.py:84
Integration: ble_track (documentation)
First occurred: 4:40:24 PM (8 occurrences)
Last logged: 4:41:59 PM

BLEError during Bluetooth LE scan: Unexpected error when scanning: Set scan parameters failed: I/O error

and also have :
Logger: pygatt.backends.gatttool.gatttool
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pygatt/backends/gatttool/gatttool.py:352
First occurred: 4:40:24 PM (8 occurrences)
Last logged: 4:41:59 PM

those two error are together, after a few days it will be up to 39932 occurrences

But my bluetooth device are reporting value, but it’s other stuff that is crashing, like zwave dongle…

I have this problem now no matter which component I use. I’m using hassos and the only way to make the issue go away is to perform a host reboot.

Unfortunately the problem always reappears a few days later.

Update: rebooting has started to make no difference in the number of errors I was seeing. I decided to give @davefrooney’s ble_track component another try and the errors have stopped!