Blown away

This is the second time in as many weeks that a system upgrade has blown up my complete install. I click update, wheel spins for a very long time, it eventually stops, I click restart and the system never comes back… Reboot… nothing. Bounce power… nothing… no ssh… nothing. Flash again and start over?.. again? I think not. Time to move on to something else. I’ve tried other packages but repetitive self destruction has never been the reason I changed. My time is at least worth more than this. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Your posting history shows this is only your third topic. The other two topics you created never reported a serious upgrade problem (nor did the few other posts you’ve made). In short, you overlooked to ask for the community’s assistance which may have helped to make your time with Home Assistant far more pleasant.

Anyway, I respect your decision and wish you good luck. I hope you find something that works better for you.

1 Like

As an aside, know that I never received any responses to my other questions. That was my community assistance experience to this point. Perhaps I can be forgiven… or not.

You posted a total of two questions over the past two days. Some questions take longer to answer than others or even never because either no one knows the answer or has no desire to post it (it’s all voluntary after all).

In addition, neither of the two posts concern the problem that has spurred you to ‘move on to something else’. From the community’s perspective, you seem to have appeared from nowhere just to announce your unhappy departure.

Goodbye and good luck.

I assume you are referring to showing previous location data on the map for tracked entities? Your topic title of “Home Tracks Documentation” and info is hard to determine exactly what you want, so may have been skimmed over by most people.

Configuration---->Entities—>Check Box the entity, then delete.

There, both questions answered. Happy with the community now?

+1

You have posted no info about your system that “Blows Up” when it updates, no logs, no configs, installation type, machine type…no anything. You then continue to say you are moving on to something else when you haven’t taken the time to attempt to troubleshoot your problem.

Take care, and good luck with whatever you choose to use moving forward.