Blue Connect pool measurements

I thougt that @LordMike addon was MQTT server (or gateway) to communicate with Bluriiot (i have bluriiot extender).
I don’t have MQTT sever, do i need to build one ?
I have Bluriiot Go + Bluriiot Extender + HomeAssistant

No, you are wrong.
Read the description, its clear:
This is a proxy application to translate the status of a Blue Riiot pool manager, to Home Assistant using MQTT. You can run this application in docker, and it will periodically poll the Blue Riiot API for updates.

you need a mqtt server

Done ! Works like a charm :slight_smile:

Do you know how often measurements are done ? With Bluriiot Go + Bluriiot Extender ?
Or more, can we setup regularity of measurements ?

Regards

1 Like

the extender got automatically 20 meassurements per day. but not report to the blueriiot app.
You must force the process to upload the data to the app, you can force this by publish a empty message to a specific topi, throught MQTT

if you launch this comand one per hour will work:

mosquitto_pub -h 192.168.1.2 -p 1883 -m “” -t ‘blueriiot/commands/release_last_unprocessed/xxxx’
where 192.168.1.2 must be the ip of your mqtt server
where 1883 must be the port of your mqtt server
where xxx is “key” in blueconnect app

this works for me. you can try

I tried on HA terminal.
I have message : Connection refused : not authorised
I verified key and it’s correct (uppercase or lowercase ?, i tried the two)

I put ip address of HA host cause i installed HA MQTT add-on

I dont know. I have a docker with mqtt and works fine. With your setup i dont know :frowning:

Hi

I’m having trouble with the Blueriiot Pool Sensor Integration. I’m fairly new to HA and don’t really know my way around. I installed the Adon Blueriiot Pool Sensor and also the Mosquitto broker. For MQTT, I created a person named mqttuser in HA, as recommended on the web. During the installation, the Mosquitto broker found 1 device and 4 entities immediately. In the Blueriiot Pool Sensor log, I also see that my pool sensor is found and MQTT.SendMessage() hass-blueriiot/status is also sent. Unfortunately I don’t have any values ​​in HA and it says that the pool pH is no longer available. I must have overlooked something. Maybe someone can help me. I don’t speak English myself (only German) and had this translated. My HA runs on an RP4. Greetings daniel

I’ll try to have your setup :wink:

Thank you so much Jose !!! Super useful !

For others beginners like me: I found my Blue Connect’s mac address with: sudo hcitool lescan

Hi,
I was looking to do the same, nice job getting to this point. I also have a ESPHome setup and was thinking to send the raw data to a HA sensor that can be read by NodeRed and do a post to the cloud like the app does.
The MQTT setup can retrieve the converted data.

What I want to achieve is a ‘automatic’ / scheduled measurement very 4 - 6 hours (more is not really relevant for PH and ORP as those values take longer to stabilize)

If you need some help with the ESPHome testing, let me know. I have WT32-ETH01 near my pool
(the discovery works, with the hints found above the trick, will be to sent some data to the BlueConnect)

Side question, have any of you recently updated firmware on the blueriiot and have you had any issues with it since? Worried it may break the integration.

i updated de firmware. and with the MQTT wifi integration.
No problem. all works perfect!

I updated and then couldn’t connect Blue Connect to phone or extender. Ended up opening it up and disconnected and reconnected the battery. All good now. Integration works fine.

Did anyone confirm the bluetooth direct integration still works after the firmware upgrade?

How did you update it? In the app I can´t see how to update firmware.

It is a very interesting information. I tried to implement the code on my Raspberry Pi and it´s works perfectly. I have two questions, when you run the code, the information is obtained from make a new measure(in those moment) from my device (blue connect plus) or is obtained from last measure that be have on the app? and the second question is that my device (that read salt) it´s possible that be a calculated variable?

Thanks very much for make the code and your effort.

Hello ggggg,
I updated mu BlueConnect Go a couple of days ago.
I casually opened the official App and it told me there was a firmware update and to keep my phone near the device during the update. All went ok, the device rebooted and made a couple of beeps.
Now it is running v2.3.0

My python code above still gets measurements without any issue, as before the update.
Any other code should work equally well.

Regards.
Jose

Hi molinem,

when you run the code, the information is obtained from make a new measure(in those moment) from my device (blue connect plus) or is obtained from last measure that be have on the app?

The python code I posted above communicates with the device at that moment. In fact, the usual 8 seconds it takes to respond, is the time it takes to perform the measurement (power up the sensors, take a few samples of the analog signal of the sensors, average them, compose the reply packet, etc.). I guess that, if it just returned that last cached measurement, it wouldn’t take it 8 seconds to reply.

the second question is that my device (that read salt) it´s possible that be a calculated variable?

I don’t have a BlueConnect Plus, so for that, I’d love to have a few pairs of samples, taken with a sampling interval of a few hours, e.g.

• Sample 1
    ** raw measurement data taken by the python code
    ** screenshot, or copied values as shown, of a (new) sample taken with the official App, right afterwards, showing the decoded values (temperature, ph, orp, salinity, conductivity)
  • wait a few hours
  • Sample 5

Could you take and post them here?
With these samples and their corresponding values displayed by the App, we can probably find the way to decode them.

Regards
Jose

Update about new firmware:

My BlueConnect Go had firmware v2.2.3 and the App upgraded it to v2.3.0

Reading the data I gather with the python code every hour, I just noticed that they have changed a little the raw measurement data frame:

With v2.2.3:

23 a9 0b ff 07 aa 08 01 00 25 0e
   ^^-^^---------------------------- TEMP           0x0ba9 = 2985 / 100      = 29.85 ºC
         ^^-^^---------------------- PH   (0x0800 - 0x07ff) / 232 + 7        = 7.0043
               ^^-^^---------------- ORP            0x08aa = 2218 / 4        = 554.50 mV
                     ^^-^^---------- SAL            0x0001 =    1 / 25       = 0.04    ?  (not supported in BlueConnectGo)
                           ^^-^^---- COND           0x0e25 = 3621 / K 0.4134 = 8759 uS ?  (not supported in BlueConnectGo)

With v2.3.0:

33 a5 0a b0 07 bc 0a 01 00 2c 0e 22
   ^^-^^---------------------------- TEMP           0x0aa5 = 2725 / 100      = 27.25 ºC
         ^^-^^---------------------- PH   (0x0800 - 0x07b0) / 232 + 7        = 7.3448
               ^^-^^---------------- ORP            0x0abc = 2748 / 4        = 687.00 mV
                     ^^-^^---------- SAL            0x0001 =    1 / 25       = 0.04    ?  (not supported in BlueConnectGo)
                           ^^-^^---- COND           0x0e2c = 3628 / K 0.4134 = 8776 uS ?  (not supported in BlueConnectGo)
                                 ^^- UNKNOWN        0x22                     = 34% battery ?

It seems that the positions for the TEMPerature, PH, ORP, SALinity, CONDuctivity values within the data frame have not changed, only the starting byte (that wasn’t being used anyway), and the additional byte at the end.

They have added a new BLE characteristic (UUID: F3300012) but it is enumerated as handle 0x0029, way beyond the handles 0x0014 (reply notification) and 0x0012 (command) that we need.

If you want, I take and post measurement samples. My blue connect plus has version v2.2.1 (v0.2 2019-11-12/e1aead1fdc0f4be) and it doesn’t update(I haven´t got any notification about this) :sweat_smile:

Since I changed the battery, sigfox doesn’t work and the support team can’t fix it, in this moment they don´t answer me. For this reason, I want to take action when I prefer . I will customize and improve your python script(I´m developer) for publish this information on mqtt.