Blue Connect pool measurements

Buying a sensor. Question: are blueconnect astralpool and blue riot the same device?

yes are the same devices

Looks like the battery on my blue connect is about to die, does anyone know where compatible batteries can be sources in Australia? Looks like the oneā€™s listed about from the Italian Amazon are not available from the Oz site.

From this site (warning: commercial): What is Salinity and How Is It Measured? - Sensorex Liquid Analysis Technology, it appears it should be around 3-5 mS/cm but only if you have a salt-water spa/pool. It is a way to measure the salinity of your spa/pool. I get a reading similar to yours in my own spa with chlor.

I am glad my research helped with the development of this addon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is the integration working with both Blue Connect Go (BT) and Blue Connect Plus (WiFi)?

the Blue Connect Plus, is a Blue Connect Go (BL) with

• an optional external addon which do the gateway between BL an Wifi.
  • or via sigfox (868MHz), if still available in your country

Is it possible to catch also ā€œCyuranic Acidā€ and ā€œTotal Alkalinityā€ concentration from the Blueconnect or are they simples calculated/estimated values ?

Deleted in order not to confuse people since I found the problem and it was my bad. I apparently captured the wrong MAC address and therefore wasnā€™t connecting to the right device. :wink:

Does anybody know what the characteristics:

• F3300004-F0A2-9B06-0C59-1BC4763B5C00
  • F3300005-F0A2-9B06-0C59-1BC4763B5C00

provide. F3300004 is a read characteristic and F3300005 is a write characteristic.

Is it possible that F3300005 is used to provide the Blue Connect sensor with external data like external temperature to do more precise estimations? That would actually be cool since you could add a dallas sensor to the esp ble hub to provide that info directly. Not sure, but maybe the Blueriiot BT-WiFi Gateway has such a sensor and does exactly that.

Just wondering if we can do more than just read the sensors data on this. :wink:

Sadly not @cmartin
Writing to F3300005 tells the Blue Connect to take a measurement, which it does, and then it puts the HEX result in F3300004

This is actually incorrect. You can also use the Gateway with the Blue Connect Go as well. The Gateway is basically a BT to WiFi proxy. Both the Go and the Plus only communicate with BLE and the Gateway can connect both with the internet.
And both the Go and the Plus have Sigfox.
The main difference between the Go and the Plus technically is that the Plus has an additional sensor and is relevant for Salt water pools.
Other than having an additional sensor the Plus is sold bundled with the Fit50 (Piping fitting) and with the Premium subscription included for life.
The Gateway is always a separate add-on, although you will often find it bundled together with the Plus.
If you integrate the Blue Connect (Go or Plus) with HA using an ESP BLE proxy you donā€™t need the gateway nor the Premium subscription.
So, the main difference between both is the additional sensor and what type of disinfection you use with your pool.
Blue Connect Go

• Sensors for Temp, pH and ORP/Redox
  • Suitable for water disinfection with chlorine and bromine (I can also say it is good for active oxygen disinfection as well)

Blue Connect Plus

• Sensors for Temp, pH, ORP/Redox and EC
  • Suitable for water disinfection with chlorine, bromine and salt
1 Like

If you mean the integration using an ESP BLE proxy, yes. This works with both the Go as well as the Plus. For the Plus you just have to use the YAML for the additional EC and Salt measurement.
BTW: both of these devices communicate via BT only. WiFi connectivity is only achieved using the Gateway, which can technically be used with both the Plus as well as the Go. It is just often sold bundled with the Plus. But, if you are using an ESP based BLE proxy, you donā€™t need the Gateway from BlueRiiot. I have my Go connected to HA using an ESP BLE proxy and am totally independent of BlueRiiotā€™s cloud and subscription. The only real technical differentiation is that the Plus has an additional sensor for EC so it is relevant for disinfection with salt. If you are not desinfecting with salt, the Go is sufficient.

1 Like

What an amazing Thread! Unfortunately, I do not have an ESP, but a Blue Connect Go and the Blue Extender. I am receiving the last available transmitted value, but no new measurements are being triggered automatically. When I manually initiate a measurement through the Blueriiot App, the updated value is then displayed in Home Assistant after a short while.

Is there any command I can trigger the Blue Extender to update the measurement automated via HA (just need 1-2 per day)? The idea layed out in this thread unfortunately is not working.

Many thanks in advance!

Thatā€™s not the point of this subject but you can create an automation in HA via the module (BlueRiiot 2 MQTT and get the data in HA

I am going to get a Blue Device included in my pool restructuring.

It is included in the cost.
What shall I ask for it to be easily integratabtle into HA?

No budget limit but a device of Blue ā€œfamilyā€

Thanks

Thank you all for the efforts in decoding the BLE communications.
Iā€™m in the process of making an arduino ESP32 sketch to read the ble values and post the calculated results to mqtt.
Temp, ph and orp are all fine.
But I was wondering about the last values, I have a Connect Go, so I should not have the salinity/conductivity values, but when I capture the raw data i get the following values:
33-EA-0B-A3-07-F0-0A-00-00-2C-0E-20
33-BD-0B-A6-07-08-0B-00-00-2D-0E-20

discarding the very last byte (battery percentage or not), the pair after the orp is always 0, thats logical i guess since it is a Go not a Plus.
But what are the 2C-0E and 2D-0E values?

Hi @Dave791<

From Blue Connect pool measurements - #203 by JosePortillo it looks related to Conductivity for the salt pools

Hi All,

Iā€™m now on my 2nd physical blue connect device, and probably 4th or 5th different method of integrating into Home Assistant - starting WAY back in 2019 back in 2019 with IFTTT and Webhook / Automation! I now currently use ESPHome thanks to the fantastic efforts of the smart people on this thread in decoding the BLE Hex Values. It seems to me that with the collective knowledge in this thread, thereā€™s a possibility of creating a Home Assistant Integration (custom_component) that would interact with the Blue Connect using the Home Assistant Bluetooth infrastructure - including BLE Proxies. The advantage here would be that it would be scalable automatically to multiple proxies, and neatly integrate into Home Assistant. One big problem though is that I have ZERO coding skills! What does everyone else think? Is it a worthwhile idea, and is there anyone with the coding skills needed to have a go?
Thanks
Dan

@danps , Would be a good idea. I never created a custom_module, so with that i cannot really help unless there is a easy guide (tried the developer guides and that gave me more questions then answers).

I did try the ESP32 proxy function and found that the proxy stays connected to the device. During my testing i found that on connect the measurement can be started and not when connected for a longer time. It didnā€™t take new measurements.
Also when connected no other device can connect, also not the app on the phone. it allows only 1 BT connection

Maybe i did something wrong, could you share your ideas/knowledge on how to do that with the BT proxy?