Blue Connect pool measurements

Yes, I got the api endpoint directly from the app.

It looks like this:
https://api.riiotlabs.com/prod/swimming_pool/262....-{swimming_pool_id}-....66ebfb/blue/{blue_device_serial}/lastMeasurements?mode=blue_and_strip

This will return a json:

{'status': 'OK', 'last_blue_measure_timestamp': '2021-11-02T04:18:02.000Z', 'blue_device_serial': '.......', 'swimming_pool_id': '......', 'data': [{'name': 'temperature', 'priority': 10, 'timestamp': '2021-11-02T04:18:02.000Z', 'expired': False, 'value': 23.6, 'trend': 'undefined', 'ok_min': 20, 'ok_max': 40, 'warning_high': 50, 'warning_low': 5, 'gauge_max': 50, 'gauge_min': 0, 'issuer': 'sigfox'}, {'name': 'ph', 'priority': 20, 'timestamp': '2021-11-02T04:18:02.000Z', 'expired': False, 'value': 7.7, 'trend': 'undefined', 'ok_min': 7.2, 'ok_max': 7.6, 'warning_high': 8.4, 'warning_low': 6.6, 'gauge_max': 10, 'gauge_min': 5, 'issuer': 'sigfox'}, {'name': 'orp', 'priority': 30, 'timestamp': '2021-11-02T04:18:02.000Z', 'expired': False, 'value': 611, 'trend': 'increase', 'ok_min': 650, 'ok_max': 750, 'warning_high': 900, 'warning_low': 400, 'gauge_max': 1000, 'gauge_min': 300, 'issuer': 'sigfox'}, {'name': 'salinity', 'priority': 50, 'timestamp': '2021-11-02T04:18:02.000Z', 'expired': False, 'value': 5, 'trend': 'decrease', 'ok_min': 2.5, 'ok_max': 3.5, 'warning_high': 7, 'warning_low': 1.5, 'gauge_max': 10, 'gauge_min': 0, 'issuer': 'sigfox'}]}

Hi @LordMike
Im having a few issues setting up your Blueriiot2MQTT. Iā€™ve setup mosquitto as MQTT broker, installed MQTT in HA and I can send a topic and get a response, but its not detecting any devices (assume MQTT will pick up Blueriiot2MQTT as a sensor?).
Any ideas?

Hey - Iā€™ve had others with a similar issue where they didnā€™t realize that I create multiple devices. One for BlueRiiot2MQTT, and one for each pool.

Check if there are any sensors or entities with the name of your pool, or search for ā€œpHā€ in entities.

Completely new to this and would be keen to implement this into my HA.

I have docker on a Synology NAS and not sure how to run the scripts. Do i need to install MQTT from Docker registry on the Synology NAS then run the install commands from the Terminal?

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Lots of ways to do this but the method I followed, and while Iā€™m not on Synology I was originally and had it configured this way:

Install Mosquitto broker through the add-on store in HA.
Install the custom component BlueRiiot2MQTT as a custom add-on, the URL to add is LordMike/hass-addons: Repository of HASS add-ons (github.com)

Confugure and your done.

1 Like

I think iā€™m missing something on my setup

Iā€™ve created a docker container for Mosquitto and run it, added MQTT (can see test queries and reports them back) but does not see any devices being discovered.

Iā€™m running the blueriiot2MQTT via docker CLI

docker run -d -e MQTT__Server=192.168.1.200 -e [email protected] -e BlueRiiot__Password=my.password lordmike/blueriiot2mqtt:latest

I confirm the docker instances is running and confirmed my username and password is correct as I logged out of blueconnect and back in using it. Iā€™m lost :frowning:

So i was able to get this all setup using MQTT and it works well. The only issue is that it is not reporting the pH or Salinity readings.

Is there any other settings that can be configured to show this data?

I have the Blue Connect Plus

Hi Mike. Got it working finally. I think the issue was using a docker container. Iā€™ve installed HA as HA OS, so could install from the add-ons store and came up immediately.

Issue I have now is the initial measurements came up, but havenā€™t had one since.

HA dashboard shows last measurement yesterday (05:38), but blue connect app has had many updates since. Tried restarting the add-on and HA core, no change.

Thought Iā€™d reply to say I fixed the issue in case it helps anyone else.

1st issue was running mosquitto and HA via docker. Couldnā€™t get any sensors to pickup in MQTT. When I installed home assistant OS directly and blueriiot2mqtt and mosquitto via add-on store, immediately picked up initial readings.

2nd issue was after it picked up the initial reading, I never got another update to all sensors. Last measurement stayed at time when I first set it up. Restarting and reinstalling the add-ons didnā€™t fix. Re-read over install and figured out I missed creating a user/pass in HA, then adding to mosquitto config and blueriiot2mqtt config file. Worked after that.

Unsure if it is related, but the initial reading came through on sigfox and looked like sigfox updates were only ones captured, I only got updates to HA once I put my MQTT username/pass in, then it communicated with my blue extender gateway (I only really get updates to the blueconnect app via extender because I have poor sigfox.

Hope this helps others

Hi @vampcp ,
Do you have this code on Github somewhere?

Iā€™ve been using @LordMike 's integration for 14 months now and itā€™s great, and I would absolutely love to have the ability to get a BLE test & data retrieval. It doesnā€™t necessarily need to upload the BLE result to the cloud. Some sort of mix of the current cloud polling, with the option to call a service request for a BLE reading when needed. Or even the option to ignore the cloud and just use BLE data.

If this could be added into the current integration it would be fantastic

1 Like

Heads up guys - the SIGFOX network owners have filed for bankruptcy protection in France - not sure how this will work out and how long our devices will continue to be able to update through the Sigfox network - maybe local polling needs to be a higher priority

Craig

More ammo to add a blueconnect extender (WIFI module) to the network. I find mine really reliable now that iā€™ve got it integrated into my home assistant install

Just today I was talking about how good the Sigfox connection is in Sydney, agree time to try and find the extender :frowning:

Strange. I had flawless Sigfox connection in Sydney for 2+ years, until recently. The last 2 or 3 months itā€™s been very sketchy. Sometimes Iā€™ve been getting only 1 or 2 updates per day, occasionally none. Before, I was consistently getting between 15 - 20 updates per day.

I just checked and for what itā€™s worth Iā€™m getting a reading come through every ~72mins, strange interval period. This is from Western Sydney.

Funnily enough my last few measurements have come from SigFox only and not my blueconnect extender which I needed to buy due to previous major issues with SigFox (in western australia). My blueconnect is Tā€™d off pool pump pipework under the eaves at the side of the house close to the fence, I did put down my poor sigfox coverage to this in early days.

Iā€™m in WA too and havenā€™t had a Sigfox connection for near on 4 months. Havenā€™t had many readings with it so just bit the bullet and bought the wifi extender. Iā€™m waiting on a replacement Blue Connect as mine is showing erroneous readings (pH going from 0 to 13.9 between two readings for example and Salinity also way off)

Iā€™ve been unable to find anyone in Aus who has the extender in stocks, if anyone knows of a supplier who does can you share the details? :slight_smile:

I just got mine through my local pool store. Astral pools are the distributor here in Aus, so just go to anyone that sells their gear. I paid about $120 I think, they took about 2 weeks to order it in

Iā€™ve tried Astral and about a dozen resellers, no one seem to have any :frowning: