Blue print to work with Aqara vibration sensor for automation to trigger notification or other action when Dishwasher or washing Machine is done

Have you used the traces in automation to see where it is stopping.
Very helpful
Click on the trace timeline
If error it will tell you

@Britespark I just wanted to note that you should not run dryers during the night (i.e when you sleep). They are one of the most common reasons for fire nowadays, and at least in my country (Norway) the fire departments have seen a spike in more serious fires because of them (and people noticing them too late).

@Rod_Poplarchick Iā€™ve been searching for a solution to my automation issue and think this blueprint can help. Iā€™m having issues with it, however, because Iā€™m using a Smartthings multi sensor and the blueprint doesnā€™t recognize it. I tried to edit it but I got an error Missing input definition for movingā€¦ Could you provide any insight.

Sorry I donā€™t have anything smart things or any other cloud based devices
So I would not know where to start

Remove

device_class: vibration

from the ā€˜vibration_sensorā€™ section and see if you can find the sensor. The list will be longer. Your sensor MAY not be of device_class vibration.
You could also do a custom on it and change the class to vibration, but that one is a guessā€¦

It still must be an input_boolean in order to work in the BP.

1 Like

I have found this to be a very common request, and pretty easy to add in the BP.
Feel Free to copy if you likeā€¦

1 Like

Thank you! I was able to get it working. I guess it was what you posted here but I didnā€™t see the specific option I changed in the article. I changed the ā€œshow asā€ option in the entities settings to vibration which then allowed the blueprint to see it and it worked perfectly. So to anyone else, this blueprint will work with the Smartthings/Aeotec multi-sensor, you just need to change that setting.

2 Likes

Just curious if anyone here is running this with zigbee2mqtt and if so what do you have your sensor timeout set to?

1 Like

Did you ever figure out a good answer on this? Wondering the same thing.

So the Aqara sensor never worked well so I switched to the TuYa TS0210 control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT which works like a charm using 10sec sensor timeout.