Blueiris camera's in HASS

Would really love some help on this one. I have motion detection enabled and have ticked “audio” also in Blue Iris. I’d really love to simply trigger an API call to Hass that sends a message to all notify candidates saying “Sound detected in the bedroom”. Is it possible to trigger a Hass push notification through the api and pass the message? If so can anyone advise the call I’d need to make from Blue iris? Many thanks in advance, and apologies in advance for my terrible case of the newbs.

When I try this, I get: “Authorization required”.

I know I’m using the correct user and password because this command does work:

http://192.168.86.61:81/image/mbr?user=admin&pw=PASS

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tom

Not sure, are you inside the LAN? Maybe goto blue iris and turn off authentication temporarily or modify security settings so they’re less strict for you to debug.

Hi am having the same problem.
Even if i turn off the Web Server connections.

When i run this command http://blueirisip:81/admin?camera=Front1&trigger&user=admin&pw=1245678943
(But i put in my own IP/User/Pass.)

And I still get: “Authorization required”.

Ok now working with the Trigger
.You have to untick the `

Use secure session keys and login page

`

1 Like

Yup - that did it for me too. Thanks for figuring it out and posting!

I tried sending the link from HA server to BI server and i am getting proper response but i am not seeing anything in eventghost. I can see rest of the events fine in EG. Any ideas

Hi,

When is says: "curl -m 1 “http://IP_of_BIserver:port/?message=test” I mean the server that runs BI and the port the number you have set in autoremote (in my case 1818, i believe this was defaut). You also need to make sure that you have your windows firewall open for this port.

1 Like

How could be the code to count the number of triggers per 24h (per single camera)?

I came from Openhab and just made the switch last weekend. I had Blue Iris just posting a request to a web service utilizing openhab’s RESTful API. Changing the code a bit I got it to work, post an on status but I can’t get the off to work

Blue Iris’s alert to the HA web service is:
192.168.1.115:8123/api/states/binary_sensor.blue_iris_&CAM_Fr_Gar?api_password=xxxxxx
{“state”:“on”}

For off I have it set:
192.168.1.115:8123/api/states/binary_sensor.blue_iris_&CAM_Fr_Gar?api_password=xxxxxx
{“state”:“off”}

but it always stays to the on position once triggered. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

first off get rid of your password in your “off” statement…:wink:

Everything looks Ok in the code.

Did you make sure you have the tick mark selected for “when trigger is reset”? and you are using the “https:” setting as opposed to the “http:” setting for the reset?

Otherwise check for spelling errors or extra spaces at the end of the command or attributes. That’s gotten me more than once.

ha good catch. Yea I think it is fine now I was just too impatient. Thanks!

Also, since the entity isn’t there after a reboot until it’s triggered, what’s the best method of using a friendly name. Right now on a reboot that entity isn’t known so the friendly name doesn’t get applied.

Use the code posted up thread by @JesseWebDotCom around post 14. That will create persistent entities. It’s what I used and mostly worked for me.

I say mostly because I had one camera that took around thirty seconds to trigger an alert. It was pretty annoying when I was using it to trigger lights to turn on.

I eventually went to using the output directly from the camera and bypassing blue iris completely. I realized if the computer my blue iris was installed on had any issues I would completely lose functionality for all my camera functions (automations and live feeds). Using the camera output directly increased reliability by eliminating one step in the chain therefore one less point of potential failure

Thanks. I just did the same, modified it for what I have and added in the configuration.yaml a line: cameramotion: !include camera_motion.yaml.

Upon restart of HAAS nothing seems to change. Did I add the camera_motion.yaml incorrectly, sorry I just recently moved over from openhab.

You “just did the same” what?

Did you use the code from Jessewebdotcom or use the camera’s direct output?

I did what Jesseewebdotcom had.

@Michael_Grossman

As far as I know I just used the same code as he did and modified it to my details.

Are the persistent entities for the camera sensors showing up in the list?

If you go to the “states” page ( the <> symbol on the left) you should have entities called “sensor.motion_indoor_camera_livingroom, sensor.motion_indoor_camera_xxxx, etc” based on the number of cameras and what you called them. And you should see a “sensor.motion”. And when the cameras trigger you should also see binary_sensors based on your blue iris settings (binary_sensor.blue_iris_XXXX, etc).

Assuming you see all of those you should then also see the binary_sensor change state from ‘off’ to ‘on’ when the camera triggers in blue iris. Then you should also see the sensor associated with that camera go from ‘Off’ to ‘On’ (notice the capitalization!). Then when the Blue Iris signal clear they should go back to ‘off’ & ‘Off’, respectively.

what exactly are you seeing or not seeing at this point?

Looks like I screwed up the syntax. It appears to be working now. Thanks all for the help.